This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world and the secret of Costco’s success is its culture. The value Costco puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our members come FIRST. Costco is well known for its generosity and community service and has won many awards for its philanthropy. The company joins with its employees to take an active role in volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others. In 2018, Costco contributed over $39 million to organizations such as United Way and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
- Network administrators and software engineers to assist with design specs, program logic, and data conversions.
- Enterprise Monitoring to provide sufficient monitoring and alerts for defined processing, SLAs, etc.
- Proactively manages system resources in partnership with various enterprise teams to assure maximum system performance and appropriate system capacity for peak periods and growth.
- Creates and maintains detailed, up-to-date technical documentation in a team repository.
- Works with Costco Infrastructure and Networking teams to provide support for both current and future solution landscapes.
- Responsible for continued personal growth in the areas of technology, business knowledge, and upholding Costco’s security and governance policies.
- Coordinates design and deploy activities with the various cloud teams to ensure all new systems are built in, and all old systems are migrated to, the Azure Cloud Ecosystem.
- Collaborates with:
- All vested parties to develop the optimal solution and stand up initial environments, and support the transition through its SDLC from development to full scale production.
- Analysts, developers, QA teams, designers, and system owners in the testing of software programs and applications.
- Experience with Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Experience with PERL, shell, and/or PowerShell scripting.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to operate independently with a high threshold for dealing with uncertainty, while simultaneously collaborating with various functional and technical teams.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and exhibit a strong sense of urgency.
- General knowledge of client-server systems, preferably in the distribution category (WMS, TMS, etc.)
- Good understanding of corporate IT policies, procedures, standards and service level commitments.
- Strong focus on design, build, deployment, security, system optimization, and customization
- Experience with both Windows (2012 through 2019) and Linux Operating Systems (RHEL 6 and 7).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montréal, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A