Website Vaal University of Technology - VUT
The Tender Manager is responsible for managing Tenders within the Vaal University of Technology in accordance with the current SCM Policy of the Vaal University of Technology.
- Ensure the smooth running of the tender process.
- Ensure that all customer specified milestones are met, and all deliverables of the tender are produced as specified.
- Manage the supplier database in terms of capacity assessment and evaluation of potential new suppliers.
- Management the relationship with the customer.
- Work in conjunction with the customer and often closely with specialists in the required industry.
- Develop and manage the university’s Demand Planning and Management system.
- Ensure the smooth administrative functioning of the Bid Specification, Bid Evaluation and Bid Adjudication Committees.
- Assist with Demand management.
- Bid Specification Committee; Bid Evaluation Committee and Bid Adjudication Committee Involvement: The role of SCM is to act as secretariat to the committees and to provide guidance to the committees to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, practice note, SCM Policy, laws and regulations.
- Manage background/reference checks of all bidders during evaluation.
- Inform all successful and unsuccessful bidders of the bid process outcome.
- Ensure that the budget holder or requestor is informed of the outcome of the tender process and provide all relevant documentation to the customer for them to submit a purchase order for processing.
- Ensure no tender overruns, tenders are validated prior to the expiry date if required.
- Ensure that tender price increases are presented and approved by Bid Adjudication Committee or relevant body.
- BTech: Logistics Management / BCom in Procurement or equivalent
- At least 5 years Tender experience, preferably in Higher Education
- Skills and Competencies:
- Extensive Tender knowledge
- Strong business acumen
- Knowledge of Treasury Regulations, PPPFA, BBBEE and all related legislation.
- High degree of problem-solving abilities
- Strong planning, organisational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Excellent report writing ability
- Working experience with Excel, Word and Microsoft packages
- Working experience with ITS (Integrated Tertiary Software)
- Knowledge of Higher Education Tertiary Institutions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a sense of priority
Company: Vaal University of Technology – VUT
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vanderbijlpark
Application Deadline: N/A