Website Southwest Airlines
Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- Provides Leadership and coaching for team.
- Completes tasks independently / interdependently.
- Consequences of error carry a high risk to the organization.
- Focus on internal and external Customer requirements.
- Provide Leadership as a communications liaison between the business Customer and the technology development and support groups.
- Develop time estimates for project schedules, monitor progress, and provide accurate and timely reports.
- Plan and manage project activities within allocated resources.
- Manage resolution of problems and escalate as required.
- Work across projects to synchronize data analysis efforts and deliverables.
- Negotiate and manage team relationships at project level.
- Support the organization’s project management policy, practice, and methodology.
- Employ productivity aids in all aspects of assignments.
- Analyze and resolve complex or multiple problems.
- Independently research and recommends alternative actions for problem resolution.
- Provides Leadership in key interactions with business Customers to define, analyze, and deliver Customer requirements.
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of business processes being supported by assigned system(s).
- Demonstrated proficient understanding of business processes across multiple business Customers.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- BS, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, and/or equivalent formal training preferred.
- 7 or more years (or equivalent knowledge base) work experience in Engineering and / or Information Technology – Database environment required.
- Advanced knowledge of physical database design, capacity planning, security planning, backup and recovery systems, operating systems, data modeling, query language, multiple database engines, performance and testing, and software development concepts and technology.
- Advanced knowledge of computer / network systems / hardware and software development methodology and process.
- Advanced knowledge of technical / business environments.
- Demonstrates experience with computer / network systems / hardware and software development methodology / processes obtained through formal training, education and / or work experience.
- Experience with design and development of multiple database engines required.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a technical or team lead required.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A