As a member of a proactive and committed team responsible for overseeing the deliver and execution of the plan drilling section, focusing on the areas of safety and production; through the selection, development, support and optimal utilisation of people and equipment.
- Implementing and managing resource plans for areas of responsibility and communicating monthly and weekly production targets; and monitoring and offering technical guidance to Supervisors to ensure the safe delivery of production targets.
- Managing resource capability, allocation, utilisation and driving productivity to deliver the targets
- Measuring the performance of Supervisors, providing guidance and coaching through the implementation of good standards and best practice.
- Ensuring adherence to Legislation, Policies, Procedures, Standards and Operating Procedures in areas of responsibility.
- Engaging relevant stakeholders to solve operational problems in areas of responsibility as necessary
- Tracking previous blast performance and changes in geological conditions when designing drilling plans together with the Mining Engineer and signing off on the plans
- To be considered for this role, you will meet the following minimum requirements: Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Either a Grade 12, Surface Blasting Certificate for Coal Mines and a minimum of 5 years experience at a Production Supervisor Level; OR
- A relevant tertiary qualification, Surface Blasting Certificate and a minimum of 2 years experience at a Production Supervisor Level.
- Driver’s license Code EB (08) Behaviour Competencies
- Ability to apply practical skills and common sense to solve problems and deliver accountabilities
- Ability to take decisive action and assume responsibility for making difficult decisions that affect people and business performance.
- Ability to take the lead, set objectives, sequence processes/initiatives projects and organise resources to manage risk and achieve objectives
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations, follow instructions and limit risk of non-compliance to the business
- Ability to work consistently hard to achieve deliverables and honour commitments made.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Witbank
Application Deadline: N/A