The DREAMS Professional Nurse responsibilities are to support the implementation of strategic and tactical interventions at Department of Health (DoH) facilities and sites through the provision of direct DREAMS, HTS, PrEP, SRH related clinical services to for AGYW and OVCs. DREAMS PN is expected to facilitate on-site coaching and mentoring on the DREAMS package of Interventions to DoH and BR staff at selected facilities across the sub-district and coordinate and support the Professional Nurses, Enrolled Nurses in implementing and referral of AGYW for DREAMS core interventions. S/he will drive the prevention, case finding and SRH agendas for AGYWs and OVCs by ensuring that health systems strengthening models, initiatives, protocols, bidirectional referrals of AGYW and OVCs to other services (GBV mitigation and post-violence care) and DREAMS interventions are being implemented by target facilities and that facility staff are continuously identifying and addressing clinical and non-clinical issues in order to reach targets.
The primary focus will be on ensuring appropriate integration of DREAMS intervention into the HIV program as well as the integration of HIV services to all DREAMS programmes, establishing bidirectional referral processes for AGYW and OVC to and from community-based DREAMS and OVC partners. It includes and is not limited to provision of HIV testing, PrEP for at risk AGYW/OVCs testing negative, SRH services as well as screening and referral for GBV and post violence care.
- DREAMS program coordination and monitoring
- Technical Assistance
- Training and Mentoring
- Supportive supervision
- File reviews and Data collection and correction
- Record keeping
- Patient Care Targets (testing, PrEP, SRH and referrals)
- Coach, mentor and supervise Professional Nurses, Enrolled Nurse, counsellors in the DREAMS core package of interventions, bidirectional referrals to Community-based DREAMS and OVC partners and the integration of DREAMS and HIV programs.
- Monitoring and reviewing of progress weekly to targets with a clear plan of action for support, supervision and training
- Ongoing training of BR and DoH staff on AGYW testing, PrEP enrolments (PrEP_NEW) and retention, (PrEP_CURR), record keeping and electronic capturing of data.
- Conducts site quality visits to ensure appropriate implementation of DREAMS intervention activities
- To undertake nursing duties, within a Primary Health care / Hospital Service / Community
- Provide HIV Counselling and testing within the framework of Provider Initiated Counselling and Testing (PICT) with a focus on AGYW.
- Conduct HIV high risk screening for all AGYW testing negative and offer PrEP.
- Initiate PrEP on all eligible clients
- Provide SRH services, DREAMS core package of interventions and bidirectional referrals to Community-based DREAMS, Prevention and OVC partners.
- Integrated DREAMS interventions and HIV services and directed/allocated other duties within you Professional Nurse scope as per the business need
- Conduct clinical follow-ups for clients remaining on PrEP (including, but not limited to phlebotomy, review of lab results, recording and defaulter management).
- Ensure Quality control measures including record keeping for all activities undertaken
- Coordinate and communicate with other community partners to link AGYW to HTS, SRH and PrEP services
- Ensuring patient confidentiality
- Safekeeping of patient records
- Registers and clinical stationery completed correctly and consistently for all patients seen
- All direct service delivery reported according to BR reporting expectations (using the app, FSE or any other reporting tools provided)
- Nursing Degree or Diploma
- NIMART certification is essential.
- SANC Registration
- Driver’s license and motor vehicle is a requirement
- Post qualification in AYFS/AGYW/DREAMS experience is advantageous
- Health Assessment, Treatment and Care (Primary Health Care Diploma)
- At least 2 years’ experience in HIV prevention and AGYW/AYFS programs is preferable.
- Health Assessment Treatment and Care (Primary Health Care Diploma)
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Experience in leading a team
- Understanding of TIER.Net, ETR.Net and DHIS is a requirement
- Understanding and experience working in the DoH HIV prevention and youth programs
- Training experience is advantageous
- Understanding of DREAMS core package of intervention, HTS & PrEP clinical and treatment guidelines and protocols for AGYW.
- Understanding of and familiarity with Ideal Clinic, ICDM / ICSM and National Core Standards
- Understanding healthcare systems and relationships in resource limited settings
- Understanding the local political landscapes involved at Facility, Sub-district and District level
- Ability to counsel, test and initiate high risk AGYW on PrEP.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Continuous self-development in line with relevant Department of Health policies and guidelines and systems and administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nkangala
Application Deadline: N/A