Woolworths Financial Services follows a Work-in-Hybrid work structure which requires employees to work from home for the majority of their time with some rotation into office.
Senior Manager of Data Development within Data Office will be responsible for the following:
- Driving value creation by building and leveraging WFS data assets.
- Developing and maintaining WFS data and analytics estate in the cloud(s) and on-premises, where applicable.
- Empowering WFS data users throughout the business by making data available and on time by following “all the data all the time principle”.
- Developing and maintaining data warehousing solutions; quality checking, cleaning of data; optimizing data structures to reduce storage space and improve time to analysis.
- Developing and applying data stewardship mechanisms to establish single point of truth
- Maintaining a repository of data stored on various WFS platforms
- Ensuring that data estate is compliant with the relevant policies and legislation.
- Maintaining appropriately governed access to data and performing access audits.
- Preparing and developing data pipelines for integration with downstream production systems, e.g., ML model output Cloud data account cost control.
- Structuring, recruiting, and leading a team of data analysts and cloud engineers; contracting appropriate resources.
- WFS Data estate management and development
- Developing and maintaining governance frameworks
- Providing business users with data for analytical and operational purposes
- Data systems architecture design or data-driven application development
- Proficiency in SQL
- Python / C# development experience (advantage)
- MS SQL Server administration (advantage)
- Redshift development (advantage)
- Infrastructure as code tools, e.g., AWS CloudFormation (advantage)
- BI Tools (e.g., Power BI) experience (advantage)
- Team leadership and management
- Stakeholder Engagement – collaboration, influencing and persuading
- Decision Making – mental agility, analysing and interpreting
- Action Orientated – results focus, determination to achieve and deadline driven
- Intellectual Curiosity – continuous improvement, innovation, and ability to deal with change
- Analytical Thinking – attention to detail, focus on quality and integrity of output
- Team Player – relating, networking, and supporting colleagues
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree (3 years) ideally in the following disciplines: Computer science, Informatics, Data Science, engineering
- Minimum: 3 years technical experience in a similar role (data development, cloud engineering, data analytics)
- Minimum: 5 years managerial experience in a data management or analytical areas
- Proven data development / architecture track record
- AWS / Azure cloud development experience is an advantage
- Experience in working in an outsourced environment and effectively implementing solutions using both internal and external resources.
- Knowledge of financial services industry in a strongly regulated environment for a multi-product, multi-stakeholder organisation.
- Proven experience in deriving value from data assets
- Business acumen and presenting / communicating recommendations across all organisation levels.
- Ability to work with diverse teams to ensure effective implementation of projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montague Gardens
Application Deadline: N/A