This role is responsible for the collaborative formulation of the IT strategy, technology strategy, enterprise architecture, and the co-ordination of the IT portfolio of work. Working closely with business and stakeholders, the Head of Architecture will be responsible for translating the Enterprise strategy into a full Architectural Roadmap, which will define the technology solution and environment roadmaps to ensure capacity and scalability, as demand and usage evolve within the business. This will be obtained through having visibility and understanding of the entire technology landscape.
The Head of Architecture will play a critical role in ensuring the enterprise has the technology required to meet its current and future business needs.
- Develop, define and amend where necessary, together with the IT heads and managers, and external stakeholder, the IT Architecture Strategy that provides digital solutions, in collaboration with business / product owners
- Align IT Architecture and enterprise strategies to ensure business growth and sustainability
- Lead a team of solutions architects in support of all project deliverables.
- Lead and define the architectural landscape, systems strategy and principles to support the WFS business strategy.
- Working with Key Technology Partners to ensure the implementation of the Architecture Roadmaps and Standards
- Organise the development effort of the WFS systems solution.
- Ultimately accountable for the creation and governance of technology solutions to meet business requirements, in line with the defined architectural landscape and principles.
- Key driver of the development of systems strategy and plan for the supported business area with specific responsibility for early management of demand for the business
- Provide ad-hoc strategic consultancy as required to senior business stakeholders on matters relating to technology solutions.
- Advise stakeholders on supplier and cost options, and ensure that the validity of the overall solution is fully represented and considered in any RFI/RFP process, or in the creation and evaluation of proof of concept solutions.
- Act as visionary and strategist for solution area.
- Working with Key Technology Partners to ensure the implementation of the Roadmaps and Standards
- Survey market landscape for solution insights, direction, vendors, and methods.
- Provides expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software design documentation.
- Work with technical writers to ensure quality internal and external client-oriented documentation.
- Build and maintain repository for deliverables, methodologies, and business development documents.
- Interface and coordinate tasks with internal and external technical resources.
- Oversee aspects of project life cycle, from initial kick-off through requirements analysis, design and implementation phases for projects within the solution area.
- Provide quality assurance for services within the solution area.
- Oversee and ensure adherence and compliance to the IT architecture strategy, principles and framework
- Lead the Enterprise Architecture review board, to ensure all technology solutions are compliant with architecture models
- Ensure the IT Architecture strategy delivers transformational growth and continuous improvement on value delivery, enabling the business
- Defining and validating architecture principles and standards
- Technical analysis and design skills are essential.
- Knowledge of relevant solution components within Financial services (Payments, tokenisation’s etc)
- Strong technical orientation with regards to the payments industry
- Strong understanding of how products and technology relates to business and industry.
- Broad general IT knowledge and deep understanding of architecture environments in financial services and banking
- Good working knowledge of modern technologies such as Cloud computing, “Anything” as a service etc.
- Deep business understanding of WFS or equivalent experience in Financial Service Industries and/or Banking.
- Deep experience in developing, communicating and delivering on strategy.
- Minimum 3 year qualification in Computer Science or Information Technology, or related
- Architecturally certified (TOGAF certified or equivalent).
- Honours degree/ postgraduate qualification is an advantage
- 8 – 10 years relevant experience – architecture design, deployment, systems lifecycle management, etc
- Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders at senior levels
- Leadership experience and influencing skills
- Financial services experience desirable
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A