To work with business stakeholders, gather, analyse, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to and the implementation of new business processes and strategic demand and replenishment related projects within the Planning Centre of Excellence.
- Participation in and contribution to ad hoc Supply Chain optimization projects and initiatives
- Engage and collaborate with functional experts and key project stakeholders to develop the process approach, methodology, priorities and project rollout plan
- Working on multiple phases of the demand and replenishment projects and/or multiple small projects.
- Responsible for needs analysis, project or task planning, process/data analysis and modelling and/or logical database design.
- Ensures where appropriate that project lessons learned are recorded and documented.
- Identifies and assesses risks to the success of the project.
- Agrees the project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracking activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifying potential benefits and available options for consideration.
- Support the business with report and data queries and manage end-to-end resolution of issues by engaging with all stakeholders.
- Assists in the collection of functional and technical requirements and in the development of design documents.
- Works on projects using available frameworks and tools and establishes plans for projects with on-time and on-budget project goals.
- Maintains the status of projects and works across teams to achieve project goals.
- Demand or Supply Planning experience
- Strong Numerical skills
- Process mapping experience
- Ability to combine and analyse data from various sources and draw insights, summarise findings and make recommendations
- Advanced proficiency at Microsoft Office (Excel with experience using graphs, pivots etc and demand or supply related systems).
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills and proactive approach
- Creative thinking
- Problem solving behaviour
- Agility to learn
- Effective prioritization and ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail
- Relevant qualification in Supply Chain Management or equivalent with mathematics, statistics as majors
- 3 years Demand or Supply planning experience
- Experience with working on large, fast-paced, interdependent projects
- Working knowledge of relevant methodology and tools e.g. Process modelling tools and methodologies.)
- Relevant retail industry experience an advantage
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A