Position: Dairy OperatorDepartment: WBCLocation: Corporate Job Summary: Set up and operate various filling, bottle handling and labeling equipment. Clean and sanitize machinery and support equipment when necessary. Complete any required documentation including production numbers, lot numbers, trailer numbers, weights, downtime, chemical concentrations, etc. Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds. Must be able to pull a stack of six cases, weighing up to 216 pounds, a short distance. Must be able to work with a variety of chlorinated alkali cleaners and acid sanitizers. Must follow USDA protocol in regards to illness and food handling procedures. Environmental and other housekeeping cleaning as required. Ability to work various shifts, holidays, and weekends based on business needs. Other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Operate CIP equipment with strict attention to quality standards and in compliance with the Pasteurized Milk Ordinance.
- Complete all data charts and records in accordance with local and federal regulations.
- Prepare tanks and lines for cleaning. Ensure that all lines and tanks are properly connected when cleaning and reconnect for sanitize.
- Accurately test and record chemical conductivity levels during CIP.
- Receive raw bulk products (O.J. concentrate, sugar, and milk). Load out bulk milk and cream.
- Complete any required documentation including production numbers, weights, downtime, chemical concentrations, etc.
- Perform environmental and other housekeeping cleaning as required.
- Perform all assignments adhering to state, federal, and Wawa standards.
- Other duties as assigned by Management Team.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency preferred
- Knowledge of dairy GMP’s
- Prior pasteurization and CIP experience
- Prior experience in a food-processing environment with focus on quality
- Must be certified in the operation of a riding pallet jack, and a sit down forklift
- Must be certified by the PDA in the pulling of milk tanker samples
- Ability to work independently adhering to Wawa safety and productivity standards
- Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors repetitively throughout a shift: standing, walking, handling, reaching horizontally, reaching above the shoulder, reaching below waist, grasping firmly, pushing buttons, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, pulling and pushing
- Must be able to handle very tight space requirements for crouching and crawling on tankers
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Must be able to pull a stack of six cases, weighing up to 216 pounds, a short distance
- Must be able to push/pull a manual pallet hand truck, up to 1,000 pounds
- Must be able to withstand temperatures of 100 degrees F and high humidity for short periods of time throughout the shift
- Must be able to work with a variety of chlorinated alkali cleaners and acid sanitizers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A