The Customer Service Associate works in support of the store management team to facilitate and perform a variety of tasks including customer service, food and beverage preparation, cash register duties, general housekeeping and other related functions. The Customer Service Associate delivers an exceptional customer experience that supports Wawa’s vision to fulfill lives every day.
- Greet and provide an enjoyable shopping experience for all customers. Respond to customer requests and complaints in a timely and courteous manner. Utilize the GREAT customer service and customer recovery model to ensure customer engagement.
- Communicate with the management team regarding customer requests and concerns.
- Operate the cash register, scan items, bag merchandise and properly handle different methods of payment. Maintain proper cash levels in register drawer and change machines. Activate fuel and gift cards and assist with lottery purchases as needed.
- Comply with federal and state laws by requesting personal identification from customers who are purchasing restricted products such as tobacco and/or alcohol.
- Stock and refill product within the interior and exterior core register area, cold express cases, bakery and grocery aisles.
- Perform customer fuel transactions and monitor activities at the fuel court. Stop fuel pumps if necessary.
- Prepare all made to order food and/or beverages according to recipe or customer specifications.
- Stock food and beverage areas with products and supplies to ensure in stock conditions at all times. Ensure coffee thermals are filled and working properly.
- Ensure the proper execution of assigned foodservice and beverage programs and procedures.
- Complete cleanliness tasks to ensure all food and beverage service areas are free of any residue, debris and spills.
- Follow proper coding procedures. Check expiration codes, face and inspect all items. Pull expired items, document and discard.
- Adhere to the execution of established safety, security, quality and store operations policies, procedures and practices as outlined in Wawa’s policy manual, training materials and other publications.
- Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
- Good communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to learn FSRA process and procedures and demonstrate on a daily basis
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs
- Work safely with equipment that can create and hold very high temperatures using appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must wear slip resistant shoes at all times
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
- Ability to learn and demonstrate all Wawa Safety and Quality Assurance processes and procedures
- Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors repetitively throughout a shift: standing, walking, handling, reaching horizontally and grasping firmly
- Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors frequently throughout a shift: reaching above the shoulder, reaching below the waist, pushing buttons, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling and pushing
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Petersburg, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A