The General Manager (GM) is responsible for management of the entire store operation. The GM will lead the management team to ensure execution of organizational objectives, initiatives, and achievement of store and profit goals. Maximize store profitability through managing all controllable expenses, optimizing all revenue streams, and leading and developing a high performing team. Manages the fuel offer where applicable. The GM is responsible for customer and associate satisfaction, brand standards, and profitability. The GM will select, develop and effectively lead a highly engaged team
- Accountable to meet or exceed key performance metric targets/projections; deliver budgeted merchandise gross profit by executing the merchandise plan. Maintain awareness of store-level and organizational financial performance trends to help achieve store profitability. Manage financial plans for the store by reviewing and interpreting financial reports and take appropriate action as required to achieve goals. Ensure execution of all plans.
- Analyze income statement and utilize reports to ensure store’s profitability. Manage inventory to maximize sales, control costs and reduce waste; proactively recognize trends across the store. Manage cash management procedures.
- Analyze results and trends from audits (internal and external) and take the appropriate action to resolve/address issues.
- Ensure conditions across the store meet or exceed standards for safety, service, and overall operational efficiency by analyzing opportunities and ensuring execution of established policies, procedures, practices and programs. Adhere to work designs and implement improvement actions across the store. Manage all safety programs and ensure proper execution and compliance. Report and document all customer and associate incidences in the appropriate time frame. Ensure compliance to all federal and local laws and to all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for leading change initiatives, championing programs and educating associates on the reason and need for change. Ensure programs are executed according to design, integrated and sustained.
- Ensure a positive shopping experience for all customers. Respond to customer complaints or inquiries. Solicit customer feedback, input, and information from various sources. Review information and create a plan to consistently meet the expectations of all customers.
- Responsible for staffing the store appropriately to cover the customer and business demands of a 24/7 business. Proactively identify hiring needs across the store. Share responsibilities for interviewing candidates by following a standard procedure. Consult with store management team in order to make final hiring decisions.
- Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to defuse issues using de-escalation and problem solving techniques
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Excellent relationship building and leadership skills
- Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors repetitively throughout a shift: standing, walking, handling, reaching horizontally and grasping firmly
- Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors frequently throughout a shift: reaching above the shoulder, reaching below the waist, pushing buttons, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling and pushing
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs
- Ability to learn and utilize the store’s technology
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to work 35 – 40 hours per week
- Flexible availability which may include all shifts, weekends, and holidays, based on business needs
- Experience leading, developing and selecting teams preferred
- Experience training, sales building, management of expenses, and food service menu planning
- Experience effectively implementing change and demonstrated results in execution
- Leadership experience in a fast-paced retail, food service, or fuel environment preferred
- Experienced in all areas of store operations, including foodservice
- Proven and consistently demonstrated skills in the following:
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Relationship Building
- Effective Communication
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A