About Us Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds! But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together! What You’ll Do Venmo is looking for a Staff Software engineer to join the team to deliver high quality, secure products to millions of users. As an engineer on the Commerce team, you will be primarily responsible for feature development that help us monetize Venmo platform through products like Venmo Pay, Business Profiles, QRC etc. You should be comfortable with working with cross functional teams to deliver projects. You should excel at planning, developing and testing your code as well supporting members of the team with code reviews and technical guidance.
- Lead engineering effort(s) and takes ownership of multiple larger project features, modules, or services.
- Provides technical leadership for a team with limited guidance from management or senior teammates.
- Design, estimate and implement new and refactored software services on the platform securely, reliably and at scale. Take ownership for quality of design and implementation of software components
- Deliver high quality code on time and follow our SDLC process
- Have an appetite to learn and contribute to complex projects alongside your colleagues
- Participate in code reviews
- Interact with various non-engineering teams such as product, support, finance operations, compliance and legal.
- Follow engineering best practices as well as propose new ones
- Break down monolithic backend systems down to distributed scalable, resilient services/systems.
- Scale our distributed services architecture to support growth while maintaining performance and reliability
- Collaborate with other engineers in software design and development best practices to significantly drive faster iteration and experimentation
- Strong, active advocacy for technical standards and quality across PayPal, Inc.
- Interface with the product and other functional teams and their leadership to deliver new features and services against the product roadmap.
- Technologies we use: Python, Django, MySQL, AWS etc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cherryville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A