We’re looking for strong Java skills and solid real-world experience designing and building systems at scale. We want candidates with a vision for how to empower customers by building delightful experiences. You should be familiar with the latest tools & practices popular in the development community. We hope you’re passionate about these tools and can help us make decisions about which ones will work best for PayPal. We’re looking for leaders to help move the company forward. Experience managing or contributing to open-source projects would come in handy, so would any kind of high-profile work with many contributors & customers.
We adopt a rapid iteration, lean startup, and rapid experimentation approach. It’s a fast-paced, innovative environment and we love our work and take pride in it. Communication is key to our process, and we don’t want to hinder it with walls. Collaboration is key – since we work with multiple stakeholders and teams. We have no QA department – developers test, release and monitor their own code. We keep in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvement. We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best-in-class product.
- Implement solutions through hands-on prototyping, development, and testing
- Deliver code in an Agile software development
- Participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and release
- Partner with product, design, analytics and dependencies to craft great product experiences
- Participate in architectural initiatives, balancing long-term velocity with customer needs
- Collaborate with other teams to deliver best in class product
- Follow and be a strong advocate for clean code principles
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development
You will be instrumental in helping scope out both the near-term as well as the next generation of our platform and craft solutions capable of delivering a billion transactions a day. We’d like to know that you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy driving innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
- Minimum 3 years of experience delivering enterprise class applications, with at least 2 years working in Java
- Experience building API services with popular frameworks and standards (Spring, REST)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design and programming concepts, core Java concepts, and multithreaded programming. Able to navigate full stack development easily.
- Familiar with JEE technologies, RxJava, JSON
- Experience working with large scale applications, production rollouts, monitoring and debugging live issues
- Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well
- Strong desire to learn, push the envelope, and share knowledge with others
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills across the whole tech stack – language, databases, web servers and system environment
- Proven interpersonal communication skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A