Website Valero Energy
- Serves as point of contact for assigned HR areas, which may include: employee relations; training, employment, labor relations, affirmative action, and/or employment equity programs.
- Provides guidance to management and employees on complex HR-related concerns, coordinates with other departments as needed, and refers complex issue to higher levels.
- Participates in employee investigations and assists with providing recommendations on resolutions.
- Participates in new hire orientation and exit interviews.
- Reviews data and communicates recommendations to management for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Initiates and completes processing of all duties involved in employment, termination, transfer, and promotion of personnel in assigned area of responsibility.
- Designs and runs monthly reports, i.e. Headcount
- Performs data entry into SAP and sends related documents to FileNet.
- Researches and sends employee information to Compensation when requesting salary recommendations.
- Assists with special projects and functions of the department.
- Assists HR staff as needed.
- Gives overview of HR policies to new hires.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 5 years of professional-level Human Resources experience required.
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree in Human Resources, Business, or related area preferred.
- PHR certification preferred.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Experience with Kronos preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A