Website University of the Free State
- Contribute to curriculum development in the MBChB programme (Pharmacology); B. Soc Sc; B. Optom.; B. Physiotherapy; B. Occupational therapy and B. Nutrition and Dietetics as well as post graduate courses for MMed Clinical Pharmacology, MMed Anaesthesiology, MMed Fam and Pharmacology Honours programmes.
- Organizing, monitoring and reporting of clinical rotations of registrars in MMed Clinical Pharmacology programme.
- Develop teaching and learning material and assessment tools.
- Provide quality assurance services in the undergraduate and postgraduate curricula.
- Teach, evaluate; assess and monitor throughput of undergraduate and post graduate modules.
- Assist with the management of assessments in Pharmacology modules for undergraduate students, including coordination, development, implementation, evaluation and administration of assessments.
- Provide student support.
- Involvement in the general academic programme of the department of Pharmacology.
- Liaise with the head of department and lecturers in the department of Pharmacology, as well as with the Phase II and Ill chairs, Programme Director and fellow Teaching and Learning coordinators in clinical departments.
- The incumbent will be required to travel to clinical training sites of the School of Clinical Medicine.
- Additional Duties of Medical Specialist include provide supervision for research projects of undergraduate and postgraduate students in Pharmacology.
- Lecturer/ Medical Officer:
- A MBChB degree.
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as an independent medical practitioner.
- A good academic record
- A minimum of 4 years clinical experience in the management of undergraduate training.
- Senior Lecturer/ Senior Specialist:
- A MBChB degree.
- A Fellowship of the College of Clinical Pharmacologists of South Africa (FCA) or M. Med in Pharmacology or equivalent.
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as a specialist in Clinical Pharmacology.
- A good academic record.
- A minimum of 4 years clinical experience in the management of undergraduate training and assessment in the speciality.
- Proven experience in teaching at undergraduate level.
- Postgraduate qualification in Pharmacology.
- Postgraduate qualification in medical education.
- Proven experience in research in medical education.
- A valid driver’s license.
Company: University of the Free State
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bloemfontein
Application Deadline: N/A