Website University of the Free State
- Conceptualise new qualifications or short learning programmes of the South Campus as member of the task team.
- Mentor subject matter experts in the design and development of interactive academic materials for distance learning.
- Assist, coach, mentor and regulate all academic work of mainly ad-hoc authors/subject matter experts (SME).
- Give guidance and lead on trending and best distance methodologies.
- Coach mode of writing (distance mode), assessment and marking tools appropriate for the specific programme.
- Lead, oversee, guide and mentor the SMEs work regularly and timeously and manage different work schedules as part of bigger project.
- Ensure that content, language use and general appearance of learning material adhere to UFS, South Campus and distance learning guidelines.
- Adapt learning material and formal assessment in conjunction with SME after moderation.
- Assist the team responsible for the digitisation of materials, as expert in the choice of suitable methodology for teaching and learning.
- Plan, design, implement and evaluate SME development initiatives for the South Campus.
- Collaborate with the head of the department at the South Campus in executing curriculum design and development administrative duties.
- Receive and administrate all relevant documentation and study material electronically.
- Stay ahead on the latest developments in teaching and learning (focus on distance learning).
- A Bachelor’s degree on NQF level 7 in Education or equivalent qualification in a related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ teaching experience, including curriculum design and development and writing of study materials on a higher education level.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- A post graduate qualification in instructional design/curriculum development.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ relevant experience.
- Knowledge and experience in alternative assessment practices.
- Results oriented:
- The ability to set high standards, establish tough goals, and to work to achieve success.
- The ability to cope with a frequently changing environment and to adapt to evolving situations.
- The ability to be reliable, responsible, dependable and to fulfil obligations.
- Strategic thinking:
- The ability to deal with several activities at a time.
- The ability to focus on details, work towards perfection, and approach work in neat and organised manner.
- The ability to plan work and to follow plans.
- Business acumen:
- The ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations
- Proficient in using MS Office.
- Excellent knowledge of the use of academic English and excellent writing ability in English.
- The ability to lead, take charge of situations, and offer opinions and directions to others.
- The ability to be cooperative with others, display a good-natured attitude and encourage people to work together.
- Ability to lead, advise, and coach a team of writers.
- Building coalitions:
- The ability to be sensitive and understanding to the needs and feelings of others.
- The ability to interact with others and establish personal connections with people.
Company: University of the Free State
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bloemfontein
Application Deadline: N/A