Website University of Cape Town
The main purpose of this position is to support, design and implement the University of Cape Town, Faculty of Commerce websites, systems, services, and infrastructure in a professional, efficient and service-orientated manner. In addition, the incumbent is to provide higher technical support to technicians, senior management and staff and students within the faculty.
- Provide technical support to the Faculty Digital Content Manager and editor for customisations made to Drupal Websites.
- Analyse requirements for informational systems as required by the faculty.
- Development of systems to automate processes within the Faculty and Commerce I.T
- Document system requirements and development.
- User training on these systems.
- Maintain current applications
- Configure and Manage servers as required to host and run websites and systems within the faculty (core focus on IIS, SQL, TFS, Hyper –V, WDS servers)
- Migrate servers when required
- Development of custom server-side applications as required by the faculty for teaching and Commerce I.T operations.
- Assist the IT manger and Systems Administrator in troubleshooting additional server problems.
- Provide higher technical and software applications support to technicians within Commerce I.T
- Support student and staff members with software /web application issues
- Provide support to staff members working from home.
- Support lectures and Students with regards to specialised developer tools and services.
- A relevant qualification at NQF level 7 with at least two years development experience or a relevant NQF level 6 with three years’ development or support experience – with at least two years’ experience in the development environment
- NQF7 – 2 years of relevant development experience
- NQF6 – 3 years of development or support experience
- Programming and application scripting
- Web design
- Business or systems analysis
- Databases (SQL 2017/2019 and MySQL)
- Development Packages (Visual Studio.NET 2019)
- Microsoft servers, with the focus on IIS, SQL and MySQL Databases and other Microsoft products
- Operating systems (Windows 7/10 and Windows Server 2003 R2 – 2019)
- Databases (Microsoft Access 2019)
Company: University of Cape Town
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A