Website Stellenbosch University
- Teaching and administration of general undergraduate modules and of specialised data engineering and machine learning undergraduate and postgraduate modules;
- Supervising final year engineering projects and postgraduate (Master’s) students in the field of data engineering and machine learning;
- Performing basic and/or applied research focused on relevant research areas within data engineering and machine learning;
- Collaborating with existing research partners within the Department and building contact with other universities, industry and government organisations to promote research and development programmes in the data engineering and machine learning fields at Stellenbosch University;
- Performing supportive, administrative and representative roles within and outside the Department.
- An appropriate Master’s degree (typically MEng or MScEng) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from a recognised academic university;
- The ability to communicate clearly in at least English;
- The ability to teach courses and modules as part of the typical undergraduate engineering programme as described in the duties above ;
- A solid knowledge of and experience in the field of machine learning, data engineering or data science;
- A strong academic track record;
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Proven research skills .
- Previous tertiary teaching experience at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels;
- A PhD qualification, or in an advanced stage of a PhD study, at an accredited national or international tertiary institution system, in the fields of data engineering and/or machine learning;
- The ability to function in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Preference will be given to South African citizens from the designated groups.
Company: Stellenbosch University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stellenbosch
Application Deadline: N/A