Website Stellenbosch University
- Providing technical and clinical support for animal research activities;
- Providing statutory support and guidance to researchers and students (ethical and Section 20 applications and animal biosecurity protocols);
- Supporting undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in compliance with the general academic focus of the Department, specifically in animal health and physiology;
- Supporting and providing guidance to postgraduate students;
- Involvement with administrative service delivery at departmental, Faculty and University level;
- Involvement in social impact activities.
- BVSc degree or BVMCh, or equivalent professional veterinary qualification;
- Valid registration with the SAVC for independent practice as a veterinarian;
- More than five years’ clinical experience;
- Knowledge of ethical and statutory regulations and protocols relating to animal research and training at tertiary level;
- Experience of the South African livestock industry and farming practices;
- Proven subject knowledge of, in particular, production farm animal medicine and surgery (including cattle, sheep, goats, poultry, swine, and game species);
- Proficiency in the use of computers (e.g. MS Office and internet search engines);
- Language proficiency for meeting the requirements of a multilingual university;
- A valid driver’s licence.
- Strong South-African livestock industry networks;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Postgraduate studies in animal science or a related field.
Company: Stellenbosch University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stellenbosch
Application Deadline: N/A