Website Standard Bank
The purpose of the role will encompass the following:
- Execution of Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) methodologies for SBSA
- Execution of the enhanced FTP operating model for SBSA
- Active and efficient responsibility for the daily, weekly and monthly FTP execution, through the various rate determination processes, developing and maintaining sufficient controls to ensure accurate implementation of FTP in line with FTP methodology and policies.
- Work closely with all key stakeholders to understand FTP drivers and the impact on business.
- In conjunction with ALM, who is responsible for setting methodology, when deemed appropriate, this incumbent is required to support the execution of continuous enhancements to FTP methodology through engagement with ALM as well as key business stakeholders on FTP methodology effectiveness and accuracy of implementation.
- Together with Group Finance as well as relevant BU Finance support, develop and maintain the necessary reports (from the Banks golden source of reporting being the SAP GL) to facilitate preparation and provision of detailed financial information on CFUs as well as track key decision making drivers which are necessary to facilitate modification and/or changes to the policy.
- Together with Group Finance as well as relevant BU finance support, ensure that the appropriate controls are in place to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial reporting.
- Understand key stakeholders (ALM, Treasury, Business Unit Heads) requirement for FTP related management information and analytics and design/develop these off the various rate determination tools utilised.
- Collaborate with Group Finance, ALM, Treasury and embedded TCM teams during the budget process to ensure accurate forecasting of FTP allocation, liquidity earnings at risk and CFU profitability in line with business strategy.
- Providing significant input into the SBSA budgeting process including providing rates, coordination with the various finance and product control functions.
- Assist ALM in producing rolling forecasts of CFU/s profitability and liquidity earnings at risk.
- Through the daily, weekly and monthly FTP execution process, extract relevant data to inform changes in the forecasts and/or budgets.
- Assess the effectiveness of the current rate determination and FTP reporting processes and recommend and implement enhancements where applicable.
- Ensure that all FTP calculation and reporting tools are agile enough to incorporate approved policy and methodology changes.
- Understanding key stakeholders (ALM, Treasury, Business Unit Heads) requirements for FTP implementation including granularity of application and required outputs.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant registered with the South Africa Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- 5-7 Years Financial accounting and financial reporting
Company: Standard Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A