Website Southwest Airlines
Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Conducts needs analysis to create quality solutions. Ensures solutions are aligned with stated requirements and comply with departmental standards. Manages activities to ensure solutions are delivered ontime and within budget. Serves as a resource to ensure effective communications.
- Effectively applies knowledge and skills of analysis, business processes, tools, domains, project methodologies, requirements definitions, and testing to solve a range of problems.
- Partners with other Technology Teammembers to provide advice or solutions within his or her area of expertise.
- Stays informed about current developments within his or her expertise.
- Identifies problems, performs root cause analysis, investigates information, performs impact analysis, and formulates and executes plans to develop solutions.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Understands and can estimate effort and value for solutions
- Understands at a broad level how technology platforms/architectures are applied to automated business solutions.
- Actively engaged in industry, domain, process or technology trends.
- Acts as a coordination and facilitation point for organizing work efforts.
- Sets up or follows established procedures to ensure high quality of work.
- Understands dependency identification processes in technology work, verifies information and carefully reviews and checks the accuracy of own work.
- Establishes or follows prioritization processes to drive work, and has a sense of urgency about getting work completed.
- Looks for and seizes opportunities to do more or to do things better.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- BS, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent formal training required.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as an Analyst or equivalent position required.
- Experience with ServiceNow, preferred.
- Experience with the ITIL framework, preferred.
- Experience prioritizing tasks that lead to critical application impact, preferred.
- May be asked on occasions to lift and/or pull weights loads of approx. 20 lbs. on a periodic basis.
- May require extended work hours per Leaders’ request.
- May be asked to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a periodic basis.
- Experience performing root cause analysis, preferred.
- Experience mitigating criritcal incidents, preferred.
- Experience working with Aircraft Operations application portfolios, preferred.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A