Website Southwest Airlines
Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
The Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor is directly responsible for the overall supervision, training, and support of assigned aircraft maintenance personnel. Works closely with the Manager/Sr Manager Maintenance to achieve goals of the department and meet or exceed performance metrics of the Team.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Works closely with fellow Supervisors and Leadership to achieve Department metrics and objectives
- Sets clear expectations on daily assignments and procedures
- Effectively communicates process changes and procedures to their Employees
- Assures Compliance with all applicable polices set forth in Southwest Technical Operations Handbook
- Assures all work performed during the assigned shift is in accordance with approved Maintenance procedures.
- Assures Maintenance documentation of work performed is entered into computer base prior to aircraft departure.
- Reviews work packages for completeness and accuracy before all aircraft is returned to service.
- Assures that all RII items are properly documented.
- Assures that all deferred maintenance items have the required parts and labor hours recorded.
- Coordinates aircraft maintenance requirements with all pertinent Company Departments, specifically through Maintenance Control, to advise the current maintenance status of the aircraft.
- Updates various daily reports within the required systems.
- Monitors the progress of each aircraft and takes necessary action to assure on-time departures.
- Coordinate with Command Center for all operational issues.
- Reviews with Lead Mechanics the assigned work packages and adjusts them as required.
- Monitors productivity and labor hour requirements on the assigned shift, and provides adequate labor hour coverage for the oncoming shift.
- Evaluates the need for required overtime and schedules it accordingly.
- Approves required payroll documents.
- Monitors sick leave and takes the appropriate action when required.
- Provides instruction and on-the-job training as required.
- Monitors Training Reporting System or Programs for mandatory training to ensure Compliance.
- Responsible for New Hire Evaluation and Feedback.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by start date to comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate’s in a technical degree a plus, preferred
- 5 years of Aircraft Maintenance required
- 3 years of Supervisory experience preferred
- Southwest Aircraft Maintenance Technicians- Lead Temp/Temp Supervisor experience may apply
- A&P Mechanic Certificate required
- Must hold or be able to obtain an Airport Driver’s permit
- Must be able to obtain a SIDA badge and meet all local airport requirements
- Must be able to lift and move item sup to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to access restricted areas requiring climbing, crawling, and kneeling
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A