CISA’s Integrated Operations Division (IOD) is the hub for staying on top of threats and emerging risks to our nation’s critical infrastructure, whether they’re of cyber, communications, chemical or physical origin.
The primary purpose of the position is to serve as the Region’s Chief of Protective Security responsible for leading and supervising regional Protective Security Advisors (PSA’s) and serves as an expert advisor and liaison between DHS, and Federal, State, Local, Tribal and Territorial (FSLTT), and private sector officials on matters relating to the security and resilience of the Nation’s critical infrastructure assets and systems. Typical work assignments include:
- Serves as the Regional Lead for several CISA programs, such as voluntary vulnerability assessments, Regional Resilience Assessment Program (RRAP) projects, National Special Security Events (NSSEs) and Special Events Activity Rating (SEAR) events, to include serving as the Deputy Federal Coordinator for SEAR events within the Region.
- Functions as a strategic, operational and tactical authority related to critical infrastructure protection efforts, providing expert counsel and support to the Regional Director/Deputy Regional Director on strategic planning and mission execution.
- Leads CISA’s regional efforts to conduct complex assessments; investigate and identify dependencies, gaps, interdependencies, and vulnerabilities.
- Leads CISA’s regional incident response support effort; coordinates and collaborates with high level FSLTT executives in response to and recovery from, natural or human-caused incidents.
- Identifies and develops strategies for IOD risk mitigation training and exercises based on needs analysis.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and executes outreach in response to threats and the threat environment related to DHS, CISA, and IOD strategic initiatives.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation. This may include a credit check, a review of financial issues, as well as certain criminal offenses and illegal use or possession of drugs.
- Selective Service – males born after 12/31/59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service see http://www.sss.gov/
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- You must submit to a drug test and receive a negative test result prior to appointment to this position.
- If you receive a conditional offer of employment for this position, you will be required to complete an Optional Form 306, Declaration for
- Federal Employment, and to sign and certify the accuracy of all information in your application.
- DHS uses e-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
- Permanent Change of Duty Station (PCS) Expenses will not be paid.
- Other incentives may be authorized.
- This position has been designated excluded from bargaining unit representation under the national security provision of 5 USC Section 7112(B)(6).
- All employees are required to participate in Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer for salary payments.
You may qualify for the GS-15 grade level, if you possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 grade level performing the following duties:
- Leads and supervises regional field staff and serves as an expert advisor and liaison between Federal, State, Local, Tribal and Territorial (FSLTT) and private sector entities.
- Serves as a technical authority with regards to findings and recommendations from various assessments which have direct influence on investment decision making for facility security and resilience enhancements.
- Coordinates and collaborates with high level FSLTT executives in response to, and recovery from, natural or human-caused incidents, both physical and cyber, in accordance with the National Response Framework.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A