Website The AES Corporation
At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
We are looking for a Business Resilience Specialist!
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and implementation of Business Continuity, strategies, and solutions.
- Drive the implementation of the global Business Resilience program and aid , expertise and a common framework and methodology to the organization to follow when assessing business impacts, business continuity risks, and development of plans.
- Collaborates with business units to design a comprehensive business unit recovery and resumption strategies, considering the interdependencies between processes and business unit applications, ensuring the ability for timely recovery of systems and operations to an end-state production recovery environment.
- Plans and executes Business Impact Analysis (BIA) in collaboration with business units.
- Maintains relationships with business unit leaders to establish goals and objectives for the business continuity plan (BCP).
- Ensure an effective enterprise Business Continuity Management (BCM) governance framework that is consistent with general regulatory requirements and industry best practices/standards is developed, maintained, and adhered to across the Enterprise.
- Part of a team of BCM-risk management professionals who work with senior management in all lines of business to coordinate business continuity governance activities.
- Continuity planning and event management, development and facilitation of enterprise-wide event exercises, relationship management with external vendors, development of corporate policy, standards, and guidelines.
- Participates in external business continuity management organizations and keep abreast of industry best practices and trends.
- Subject matter expert for all aspects of business continuation and advise business unit plan builders regarding details of individual plans at their level.
- Develop and maintain a business continuity training and awareness program for all employees.
- Develop and facilitate workshops and tabletop exercises based on BCM standards to validate business and technical recovery plans and capabilities, build awareness amongst recovery team members and stakeholders, and identify gaps/improvement opportunities.
- Develop good working relationships with local emergency responders.
- Four (4) year degree from an accredited college/university is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of recent verifiable experience in Business Continuity, Emergency Management and/or Disaster Recovery Planning.
- CBCP, CEM or similar certification is preferred.
- Experience in the energy industry a plus but not required.
- Results oriented, self-motivated, and able to work in a team environment with a minimum of supervision.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of business continuity management and governance frameworks, strong knowledge of business continuity best practices and protocols.
- Excellent team skills, both as a leader and as a team player.
- Excellent communication skills, especially related to facilitation, documentation, and reporting.
- Ability to perform analytical work, such as impact assessments and risk assessments, including but not limited to business impact analyses.
- Solid project management skills with ability to multi-task and manage projects in a cross functional environment.
- Proven ability to appropriately interact with all levels of management and business continuity coordinators.
- Ability to create, review and/or revise formal company documentation including but not limited to policies, standards, procedures, recovery/contingency plans.
Company: The AES Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A