As a Manager in the Data Protection & Privacy competency, you will help clients define technical and business requirements for data protection solutions as well as develop business processes and policies related to controlling access to data. You will show demonstrated experience in managing teams and developing data protection strategies as well as implementing solutions to provide data security, privacy, and integrity. This includes helping clients to identify, understand and protect their most critical data throughout the data lifecycle. Engagements range from identifying high value assets to developing data classification schemes, standards and guidelines and implementing processes and technologies to provide leading data protection capabilities. You and your team will implement and advise clients on multiple data protection products and solutions, including:
- Effectively manage and motivate client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members. Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Play an active role in counseling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization.
- Foster relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently deliver quality client services. Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Manage expectations of client service delivery. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client’s business.
- Cultivate and manage business development opportunities. Understand Ernst & Young and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients. Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Develop relationships with team members across all Ernst & Young practices to serve client needs.
- Demonstrate deep technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge. Possess in depth business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree and approximately 5-6 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4-5 years of related work experience with a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related major.
- Approximately 3-5 years of technical architecture experience integrating data protection software into clients’ infrastructure and applications.
- Knowledge of general security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, architectures and governance.
- Strong understanding of networking (TCP/IP, OSI model), operating system fundamentals (Windows, UNIX, mainframe), security technologies (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.) and application programming/scripting languages (C, Java, Perl, Shell).
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance issues affecting clients related to privacy and data protection, such as PCI DSS, GLBA, Basel II, EU Data Protection Directive, International Cross Border, and U.S. State Data Privacy Laws.
- Technical architecture experience integrating data protection software into clients’ infrastructure; network architecture design, implementation and administration.
- Working knowledge of operating systems, virtual machine environments, mainframe security packages, and relational database management systems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cleveland, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A