Website Sacramento Municipal Utility District
Performs specialized business process and technical support utilizing SMUD’s various enterprise and other integrated technology solutions in the areas of design, configuration, operation, maintenance, and enhancement; serves as a key functional resource to the user community to ensure reliability, accessibility and effectively meet the needs of the business unit overall.
Nature and Scope: This is the journey level within the Enterprise Technology Analyst class series. Positions within this classification will demonstrate working knowledge in all of the specialty areas independently with minimal oversight. Under general supervision, positions within this class perform difficult and more complex work than the entry level Enterprise Technology Analyst as determined by the Supervisor. higher level of complexity, difficulty and level of tasks assigned, broader decision-making authority, advanced technical knowledge, short and long-term planning responsibility, major project management responsibility and demonstrated mastery in two or more specialty areas. Advancement to Senior Enterprise Technology Analyst is done through a competitive process.
Work may include, but is not limited to, the following: (NOTE: While in general all the functions and requirements listed are essential, individual positions and/or locations may not require all duties be performed.)
- Designs and configures various enterprise technology solutions to support business units; develops detailed designs and defines user requirements by collaborating with process owners.
- Documents business processes and transaction steps; defines codes and values; addresses integration issues.
- Develops testing criteria and conducts testing; plans implementation strategies; communicates technical information to the user community.
- Analyzes the need for modification and enhancement to existing enterprise applications by evaluating effectiveness of current technology.
- Leads user group forums; performs workflow and process analysis; identifies impacts to business processes.
- Revises user and system requirements; designs modifications and prepares change notices; integrates modifications; develops testing criteria and conducts testing; provides technical consultation and solutions.
- Supports the overall effectiveness of the use of enterprise applications systems by its users; offers technical support and user training.
- Establishes training needs and develops training materials; conducts classroom and on-the-job training.
- Troubleshoots user obstacles and system problems through training and/or on-line support; provides technical consultation and solutions.
- Provides business units with business necessity information by designing user reports; modifies and produces standard and custom reports and forms; performs ad-hoc queries; works with users to define reporting needs.
- Selects, or assist in selecting and orienting new staff; provides staff training; performs or assists in evaluating work performance results.
- Administers the department budget by participating in planning, monitoring, and revising schedules, work plans, expenditures, and assignments.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, MIS or a related field is desirable.
- Experience: 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible relevant work supporting departments/business units utilizing one or more enterprise technology solutions in the areas of system and business analysis, process design, configuration, testing, documentation and implementation.
- Knowledge Of: Enterprise application systems design, configuration, and functionality and/or techniques of configuration, design and functionality; applications of implementation strategies; concepts of the system development lifecycle; concepts of data modeling, structured query language, scripting, report design, data maintenance and retrieval; moderately complex computer systems and resources, electronic records, and database administration functions; techniques and practices for resolving moderately complex technical issues; methods and techniques of planning, organizing, and overseeing work activities; techniques for exercising leadership and authority; methods and techniques of training staff; basic budgeting techniques; principles of business letter writing and basic report preparation; office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Skill To: Analyze business processes and match user requirements to system capabilities; develop detailed specifications; determine system integration points; develop testing criteria and conduct testing; troubleshoot moderately complex user and system problems; perform ad hoc reporting and make script changes to reports and forms; act as functional lead on moderately complex projects; identify, assess, and coordinate training needs for staff; evaluate and resolve moderately complex technical and/or management issues and develop/implement resolution alternatives; compile and prepare routine technical, statistical and/or analytical reports and presentations; express ideas/facts clearly and concisely to individual or groups, taking into account the audience and nature of information; stay abreast of new IT technology, tools and methods to support and develop business applications; utilize a personal computer, systems and software relevant to the job; communicate effectively orally and in writing internally/externally; establish and maintain effective internal/external working relationships and work effectively in diverse teams.
Company: Sacramento Municipal Utility District
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: West Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A