Website Sacramento Municipal Utility District
Purpose: Provide analysis and technical support for producing the customer, load and demand forecasts, load research and related analysis, and program evaluations.
Nature and Scope: Serves as a technical or functional expert or consultant providing expertise and/or direction in one or more areas of a professional discipline and assumes responsibility for resolving complex problems and overseeing complex projects. May also serve in a Lead role and assist in planning, coordinating, prioritizing, monitoring and evaluating the work results in assigned area and in selecting, training, motivating, evaluating and developing lower-level personnel.
- Guides and develops long-term customer, load and demand forecasts, program evaluations, and load analysis.
- Oversees design and development of databases to support load research and analysis.
- Oversees the analysis in the financial and market assessment of new products and services.
- Evaluates, procures and coordinates various analytical modeling tools to facilitate modeling and evaluation activities.
- Provides direction and training to subordinates for completion of assigned tasks by administering SMUD policies; planning, coordinating, prioritizing, evaluating and adjusting work functions, practices, and schedules.
- Leads the developing and administering the unit budget by monitoring budget expenditures in area of responsibility against plan; participating in identifying and reconciling budget anomalies; monitoring and revising schedules, expenditures and assignments as warranted.
- Guides the administration of internal/external projects by assisting in identifying project objectives; identifying internal/external project team within area of responsibility; reviews and oversees contract work performed by consultants on special projects.
- Leads technical analysis for other departments for their use in operations planning and power scheduling, contract negotiations, supply- and demand-side resource assessment, rate design, and financial planning.
- Develops and delivers technical and verbal reports to staff, peers, management, and the general public.
- Education: BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university majoring in Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or related field or equivalent experience. If no degree then eleven (11) years of experience is required.
- Experience: Seven (7+) or more years of progressively responsible relevant work experience conducting load research, load modeling, forecasting and/or economic analysis for a major utility.
- Knowledge Of: SMUD policies, procedures, applicable MOUs and other special agreements; methods and techniques for planning, organizing, directing and controlling work activities; methods and techniques for training staff; policies and procedures for evaluating and recording performance results; policies and procedures for recruiting, screening and hiring; policies and procedures related to practices and employee rights; policies and standards for interacting with local, state and national authorities and agencies; principles and practices for budget administration; principles and practices for business strategic planning and development; methods and techniques for report preparation and writing; techniques and strategies for public speaking; concepts for cost control and project scheduling; performance management techniques related to project management; procedures and practices for project budget management; principles and practices of economic analyses of projects and programs; principles and practices of various analytical approaches; techniques and practices for cost benefit analyses; principles of complex mathematics, algebra, and geometry; principles of statistics; principles of trigonometry and calculus; federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations the power markets; SMUD operations related to generating, transmission and distribution resources; principles and practices of finance and accounting; concepts of utility financial planning and forecasting; techniques for developing forecasting models; reporting rules for CEC and FERC; safety policies, practices and procedures; standard operating procedures for modern office equipment including a computer and applicable software; English grammar, punctuation and vocabulary standards.
- Skill To: Direct on-the-job training activities; establish, manage, monitor and update budget; interpret and apply SMUD policies procedures, applicable MOU and/or other special agreements; participate with upper management to establish corporate strategic plans and objectives; plan, organize, direct, control, and review the work of others; compile and prepare technical, statistical and/or analytical reports and presentations; develop and conduct oral presentations to internal/external audiences; explain complex and/or controversial policies, regulations, procedures and/or activities internally/externally; express ideas/facts clearly and concisely to individual or groups, taking into account the audience and nature of information; monitor and manage projects; plan, organize, prioritize and schedule projects; analyze complex issues and develop/implement resolution alternatives; determine the potential long-term outcomes of a change in operations; develop an estimation of how a system should work under ideal conditions; gather data from appropriate sources and identify relevant factors; generate a number of viable alternatives to problems; interpret, analyze and apply pertinent policies, procedures, regulations and requirements; interpret, clarify, understand and analyze verbal/written information and ideas; organize highly complex and conflicting data in a readily understandable manner for various audiences; prepare a business case to weigh the relative costs and benefits of a potential action
Company: Sacramento Municipal Utility District
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Elk Grove, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A