Website Sacramento Municipal Utility District
A High Voltage Test Technician maintains the testing laboratories and test equipment used for the testing of insulated equipment, insulated tools, distribution transformers, and other distribution equipment. They clean, test and date stamp all insulated equipment, and insulated tools, record findings and schedule crews for rubber goods change outs and annual hot stick testing. Assist in performing acceptance testing of distribution transformers and other distribution equipment and record findings.
Nature & Scope: A High Voltage Test Technician works independently and is responsible for the acquisition and maintenance of the accreditation from The Association of North American Independent Laboratories (NAIL) for protective equipment testing.
- Visually inspects and tests all Live Line tools for moisture at least once a year and dispose of any tool failing this test.
- Visual inspection, cleaning, air test and electrical test of all 4kV rubber gloves.
- Visual inspection, cleaning and electrical tests of all 4kV rubber hose.
- Testing of insulated tool and equipment at sub Stations, UARP, powerhouses and other facilities.
- Log the pass and fail rate of all tools and equipment tested.
- Schedule rubber goods change out for the crews (every 4 months).
- Schedule annual hot sticks change out.
- Clean, test and electrical test of all 21kV rubber blankets.
- Assist area lead in the acceptance testing of distribution equipment.
- Adhere to safe testing practices.
- Education: High School diploma preferred, formalized education/training in the use and maintenance of HV Insulated Tools/Equipment
- Experience: At least two (2) years of experience as an electrician, lineman/woman or similar occupation.
- Knowledge Of: Basic electricity and the ability to identify insulated tools and insulated equipment used on energized primary and secondary electrical circuits.
- Skill To: Perform simple mathematical computations, using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and working with decimals and fractions. Neatly and legibly fill out forms and log information. Read and understand instruction manuals and reports.
- Licenses/Certificates: Must possess and maintain a valid California Drivers License and a satisfactory driving record (not more than two moving violations in the last two years).
- Desirable Qualifications: Journey Level HV Electrician/ Lineman/Linewoman experience.
- Physical Requirements: Applicants must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Company: Sacramento Municipal Utility District
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A