As a Security Operations Technician with Epic Hosting, you will be part of a SOC team that secures Epic’s SaaS infrastructure for some of the largest healthcare organizations in the country. You’ll identify security events in the environment and coordinate investigation and response across multiple teams. You will use your ability to think critically to determine long-term process improvements rather than quick temporary solutions. You’ll also stay abreast of emerging security threats to recommend and implement new information security related solutions.
As a member of the Hosting team at Epic you’ll be responsible for the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Epic Hosting. Those responsibilities include:
- Following policies and procedures and escalating when policies or procedures are not followed
- Escalating potential security incidents and providing relevant information
- Meeting all security responsibilities defined in policies and procedures
- Ability to work shifted hours
- Familiarity with processes and tools such as enterprise firewalls, network intrusion detection/prevention, virtual private networking, application whitelisting, and data loss prevention
- Familiarity with the security concepts of log analysis, monitoring and system/network auditing or experience working in a security operations center
- Security certifications are a plus such as
- SANS/GIAC GSEC
- ISC2 SSCP
- EC-Council ECSA
- CompTIA Security+
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as PowerShell will be helpful.
- Exposure and/or experience with access management, Active Directory, and physical security is a plus.
- Familiarity with SIEM, MFA, and ITIL tools will be useful.
- Relocation to the Madison, WI, area (reimbursed)
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship
- COVID-19 vaccination
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rockford, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A