Website American Savings Bank
The Security Operations Analyst is responsible for the design and execution of a strategic roadmap that maintains and evolves the company’s security posture. Maintains subject matter expert-level knowledge of security tools and techniques, incident response, containment, and recovery.
This is a hands-on role which requires active participation in assessing and remediating security vulnerabilities, and managing security incidents. Success in this role requires an individual who is organized, assertive, resourceful, and an excellent communicator who is able to work across the enterprise to ensure the safeguarding of all protected information assets and data.
- Responsible for escalation support, security tickets, and security incident response.
- Services as project manager for key security initiatives.
- Monitors and assesses the Bank’s systems/applications on a continual basis. Prioritizes urgent security patches and remediation as needed.
- Supports and maintains security controls on different platforms to ensure enforcement of internal security policies to maintain the integrity of the enterprise networks, systems and applications utilized throughout the organization.
- Stays up-to-date on cybersecurity best practices, trends and technologies, as well as changes to security regulations affecting financial institutions.
- Serves as an information security expert to promote awareness.
- Develops and implements threat mitigation strategies. Performs event reporting and trending analysis.
- Ensures work performed is compliant with all banking laws and regulations relevant to data security.
- Three (3) years of work experience in Information Security and/or Security Operations experience. Prior experience within a financial services organization is a plus.
- Three (3) years of working knowledge of security technologies including but not limited to vulnerability management, cloud security, web proxies, endpoint and email protection, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, privileged account management, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with security architecture, technologies, and solutions.
- Experience detecting, analyzing, and responding security events.
- Experience in system and/or application vulnerability management
- Able to apply security principles and oversight based on best practices and industry standards.
- Understanding of a broad range of security technologies and how they work.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Able to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Possesses solid understanding of Federal and state laws/regulations relating to information safeguards and controls, including laws such as
- National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST). Knowledge of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and section 501(b) of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act is a plus.
- Demonstrates in-depth analytical skills, including the ability to consolidate broad data sets from multiple sources, both internal and external, to identify patterns and/or risk factors.
Company: American Savings Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Honolulu, HI, US
Application Deadline: N/A