Website Emergent BioSolutions
The role of the Protective Services Officer is to ensure and maintain the safety and security of all company personnel, visitors, property and assets. This is done through proactive patrols of Emergent property and monitoring of computer systems including but not limited to building management, access control, fire detection CCTV, and visitor management.
- Conduct protective surveillance of all security systems. This will include cameras, fence alarms, fire alarms, key access, card access, etc.
- Review and process log reports, similar documents and provide proper follow-up & documentation to any alarms or deficiencies
- Stay current on any changes or additions to SOP’s associated with the health, safety and security related to the company
- Evaluate hazardous or dangerous situations and take appropriate action to protect the safety of Emergent personnel/ visitors
- Provide proactive patrols of all areas of Emergent property; to include buildings, parking lots, etc. Conduct periodic patrols of parking areas and building when time permits
- Responsible for the consistent enforcement of all safety, security and company policies
- Enforce company rules and regulations on property, which includes consistency in contact with violators of company policy and procedures
- Maintain building security by inspecting doors, windows, gates, etc. to determine that they are secure and functioning properly
- Completion of daily physical security and protective service audits
- Employ a variety of proactive patrol techniques and strategies to ensure the safety and security of all Emergent-affiliated persons and property.
- Patrols to include by not limited to: building perimeter(s), property, grounds, parking lots, exterior & interior of buildings, etc.
- Daily review of all departmental memos to ensure awareness of procedures, policy changes, etc.
- Monitor all in-coming foot and/or vehicle traffic and correctly log all pertinent information on daily log and make sure all logs are turned in at the end of every shift
- Utilize self-initiated methods to identify and reduce Emergent’s exposure to internal & external risks and threats
- Provides visual and physical security, while posted at the security outpost (when applicable)
- High School diploma required; Associates in Business, Criminal Justice, Emergency
- Management or related field preferred
- At least 2 years of Corporate Security, Military and/or related experience
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to pass various background checks; criminal and/or otherwise
- Ability to gain applicable industry or professional certifications as needed
- Ability to obtain certification in PPCT Defensive Tactics, CPR, First Aid, AED and Concealed
- Weapons Permit (All required)
- Successfully meet minimum requirements for the Physical Agility Testing and pass medical physical/ drug screening, as required
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Strong report-writing skills
- Basic computer operations and applications. Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data, fire & security systems
Company: Emergent BioSolutions
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A