The Senior Director, Global Security Missions, reports to the Chief Operations Officer and provides overall leadership for nonproliferation, counter proliferation, counterterrorism, nuclear incident response, and other global security activities at the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) for Mission Support and Test Services (MSTS). Global Security Missions is comprised of the following functions NNSA non-weapons programs and other government agency program management, operations, research and development, engineering, and mission facilities management. MSTS manages and operates the NNSS for the Department of Energy (DOE). NNSS has offices across the country, including Southern Nevada; Santa Barbara and Livermore, California; Washington, D.C.; and Albuquerque and Los Alamos, New Mexico.
Acts as the primary contact for NNSS non-weapons programs program management, radiological and other hazardous and non-nuclear facility operations, aviation operations, global deployments, secure communications, experimentation, and R&D, design, development, and effective use of experimental diagnostics. Partners with internal peer organizations, the Nevada Field Office (NFO), NNSA’s program organization, National Weapons Laboratories, governmental and military agencies, regulators, and other stakeholders.
- Primary authority and customer interface for NNSA nonproliferation, emergency communications, and counter proliferation/counterterrorism programs.
- Oversee business development and growth in global security missions.
- Establish and lead effective and efficient objectives, policies, and procedures for radiological and other operations at NNSS which attract laboratory and global security users to the Site.
- Responsible for Integrated Project Team efficacy for programs and projects under his/her purview.
- Must embrace and model the Company values and expected behaviors with a commitment to operational excellence.
- Drive a continuous improvement mentality and actively encourage the use of lean principles within areas of responsibility
- To position MSTS to assume new business opportunities, will have leadership responsibility to implement and coordinate efforts to find efficiencies, control and reduce the cost of operations at the site.
- Lead a coordinated and integrated approach to meet NNSA/NFO and NNSA strategic initiatives for the programs, projects, and activities under his/her purview.
- Coordinates functional capabilities through strategic planning to accomplish present and future mission.
- Actively assist in defining technologies, competencies, and skills required to develop and accomplish services.
- Anticipate risks and assures risks inherent in operations are identified, controlled, or mitigated.
- Serve as an official Company representative to partners, clients, industry groups, representatives of government and regulatory agencies, and the general public in the community of the establishment.
- Degree in related field or equivalent training and experience, plus a minimum of 20 years of related and progressively responsible experience.
- Demonstrated success operating within a global security operations environment.
- Demonstrated success in leading radiological and high explosive facilities and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization of more than 400 people.
- Ability to obtain a Department of Energy Q Clearance (position will be cleared to this level).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills on technical and non-technical topics.
- Ability to exercise clarity and directness in all forms of communication.
- Innovative and have good problem solving skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions based upon limited information.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate creative and innovative solutions at the executive level from competing sets of interests and perspectives.
- Demonstrated success as an enabling team member and partner for mission and mission facility operations.
- Breadth of experience and ability to recognize, inspire and motivate others to perform well.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A