Website Ad Hoc LLC
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across the commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
A Security Engineer plans, implements, upgrades, or monitors security measures for the protection of software systems, platforms and data information. A Security Engineer is knowledgeable in identifying potential threats, and subsequently preventing the threats from occurrence. In this role, the candidate will implement and test strategies, report incidents, harden platform security boundaries, and ensure data access management controls.
- Planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Ability to identify potential threats, and develop mitigation plans to prevent occurrences
- Develops strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach, then get to the root cause
- Translates security and compliance requirements into tasks, prioritizes tickets, removes blockers, develops plans and roadmaps to support development
- Conducts routine penetration testing and ensures such tests are built into the CI/CD pipeline
- Demonstrates an understanding of how changes may impact software security and data privacy
- Delivers formal documentation (i.e., System Security Plans, Version Description Document, contracts, application documentation) and translates complex technical terms for a wide variety of audiences
- Creates processes that support the delivery of secure and compliant systems while minimizing burden and impact on product teams
- Committed to Compliance as Code. The provisioned infrastructure and application technology components web, application and database servers must pass automated compliance scans
- Operates within the context of the full software development lifecycle and is an advocate for bringing a security perspective to business requirements
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a government contractor, all hires may be required to meet additional pre-employment contingencies to the extent required by applicable law, at the time of hire or any time thereafter
Company: Ad Hoc LLC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A