As a Security Engineer within the Security Technology Services (STS) group, become part of a global team responsible for the design, engineering, implementation and early life cycle support within our EY multi-cloud and on-premise environments. This role will work closely across teams and with Security Architects, Service Delivery, Security Operations, and Cyber Defense for the enablement of security solutions and services. You will also provide consulting services to other teams, and as a level four contact for operational issues.
- Engineer security solutions and services following all relevant EY standards and practices for On-Premise, Hybrid and Cloud-Based environments.
- Leads the design, implementation, testing of security solutions and services for a large or more complex project to its completion which includes production support and documentation.
- Takes accountability for the design, delivery and maintenance of new and existing security solutions or services, driving compliance with and contributing to the development of relevant standards.
- Apply modern standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, security standards, design standards, to security solutions and services as appropriate.
- Improve existing security solutions and services in use by partnering with Security Architecture, STS Service Owner, and Security Operations.
- Drives automation and innovation across the security solutions supported.
- Work in a diverse, global environment and build strong relationships across all levels of a matrixed, geographically, and culturally dispersed organization.
- Flexible to work out of regular office hours to accommodate the team and organizational calls and meetings. Weekend or late-night work may occur during the project and early life cycle support phases.
- No direct supervision responsibilities though technical leadership required within assigned projects.
- Desire to work in a diverse, multi-cultural, global environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Mathematics or a related field, or equivalent work experience required
- 4+ years of Information Security experience
- 3+ years demonstrated ability in an engineering function
- Have shown deep expertise in network security solutions
- Technical proficiency with writing custom, scripting tools (Python, PowerShell, etc.), interacting with API’s and shell scripting
- Have a strong knowledge of Linux Operating Systems
- SIEM working knowledge
- Working knowledge with network security technologies vendors like Cisco, RSA, ZScaler will be a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of other technologies required to run a secure, enterprise level infrastructure that adhere to security best practices
- Excellent time management, organizational, and decision-making skills
- Ability to document processes, procedures, and security designs clearly and accurately for distribution to internal teams and customers
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with external vendors and suppliers in the security industry
- Technical experience in a large, complex, global IT environment
- Involved in large scale global IT deployments or application migrations
- At least one technical certification from network security, like Cisco for example
- A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition to learn and passion for delivering security solutions and services.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Louisville, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A