Website South African Police Service - SAPS
Only the official application form (for salary level 1-12) which will be available at all SAPS Offices, Stations and may also be downloaded on the SAPS website will be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to; failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) must be submitted together with the application form as well as copies of an applicant’s (which need not to be certified):
- Identity document,
- Valid motor vehicle driver’s license,
- Matric/Senior Certificate, Degree/ Diploma certificate (Study/ academic records of qualification alone do not suffice) of all educational qualifications;
- Study/ academic records should be attached to verify modules/subjects where necessary
- Ensure the investigation of Organised Crime threats identified by means of National threats Analysis (NCTA),
- Ensure the conducting of disruptive operations by focusing on national crime priority crime,
- Gather comprehensive and complete evidence at the scene of crime and during investigation of case dockets,
- Conduct court driven investigation,
- Plan and implement special operations,
- Recruit and maintain informers,
- Promote and maintain good public relations,
- Inter relationships and image of DPCI/SAPS,
- Maintain and ensure case docket management;
- Supervise and exercise control over human, physical and financial resources allocated to the environment.
A relevant three (3) year Diploma/ Degree registered on the National Learner Record Database on at least a NQF 6 level with three (3) years relevant experience in the field of the post of which two (2) years should be on supervisory level. Preference will be given to applicants in possession of qualification(s) in Policing/ Law/ Forensic Investigation/ Criminology/ Accounting/ Public Management or related field of study.
Qualification & Experience:
Applicant must display competency in the post-specific functions of the post;
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) and a relevant (to the post) three (3) year Degree/Diploma registered on the National Learner Record Database on at least a NQF 6 level;
- Be proficient in at least two (2) official languages, of which one (1) must be English.
- Must be a South African citizen.
- Must have no previous criminal/departmental convictions or criminal or departmental cases pending;
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening;
- Be in possession of at least a valid light motor vehicle driver’s licence;
- Must not have tattoos which will be visible when wearing summer uniform;
- Relevant courses in the field of the post may be an advantage.
Company: South African Police Service – SAPS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bloemfontein
Application Deadline: N/A