You will join an international team of thirty employees, you will be assigned to a project working group.
Your missions will cover several phases: responses to calls for tenders, detailed studies, implementation of projects.
You report functionally to the Underwater Conduit Engineering Manager, and operationally to the Engineer responsible for these project activities.
- You are rigorous, you pay attention to details and you like to provide quality work.
- Engineer training (general mechanics, materials resistance, hydrodynamics, geotechnics, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, structure and / or naval and maritime architecture), you have a successful experience in a trade in the oil and gas industry.
- Mastery of English is indispensable.
- Your sense of relationship and your responsiveness allow you to evolve serenely within diverse and multicultural teams.
- You are comfortable in numerical simulations (eg Abaqus), and you will develop knowledge of the codes and standards applicable to the trade (DNV, API, ASME, PD, CFR).
- Calculations of thermal elongations, anchorage length and the estimation of compressive stresses induced by the resistance of the soil and the analyzes related to the buckling of pipes under pressure and temperature constraints;
- Technical negotiation and purchase support from our suppliers around the world;
- The study and the detailed design of the pipes (ex: sizing, materials, coatings) of certain particular components, laying conditions, vertical stability related to imperfections of the soil in the different phases of use, filling and burial;
- The detailed design of pipe crossing structures, span supports, pipe protection works against the falling of objects (anchors, drill rods, containers, etc.), isometric final pieces intended to accommodate line elongations (“Spool & jumpers”);
- Active participation in engineering reviews and human, environmental and economic risks;
- Possible control structures for the phenomena of buckling and instability related to several “pipeline walking” cycles;
- Measurements of materials and equipment needed such as tubes, elbows, forgings;
- The architecture of the field, the definition of roads in soil functions, bathymetry, obstacles, approaches, method of installation, stability of the curves;
- Resolution of interfaces with other infrastructures or other disciplines;
- Feedback from projects, consolidation and maintenance of technical tools and technology watch on changes in the business.
- Fatigue resistance analyzes (marine currents, start-ups and restarts of production, history of stresses induced in the line during the installation, pre-startup or production phases);
- Reviews of documents and technical specifications of our customers, the description of the infrastructure proposed in the bidding phase;
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Ajman, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A