The Principal Product Manager (PPM) is a critical leadership role. Relentlessly focused on understanding, anticipating and exceeding colleague and customer needs, the PPM creates, drives and champions the long term vision for their product group to achieve our over-arching business strategy.
This product leader is a colleague and customer centric motivator who inspires and coaches, while guiding the organisation in the pursuit of value growth.
The PPM defines and drives the use of product metrics to effectively prioritise within their organisation and product group, and uses their data mindset to coach, challenge and guide their team and stakeholders to make data driven decisions. Displaying a strong understanding of the commercial drivers that determine the viability and longevity of a product while considering the market context and clear definition of the business benefit of products
The role holder engages in technical discussions, asks questions and challenges their teams to enable the creation of better technology solutions, utilising a variety of techniques to develop a broad understanding of the tech landscape and customer expectations of technology.
- Lead our product management practice, developing product teams who deliver the vision of their products, and achieve our strategic business goals.
- Ownership for the roadmap and backlog which balances the development of new features, with activity to improve service stability, reduce tactical solutions and techninical debt and decommission legacy tech
- Brings together and present multiple product visions together within their domain into a single coherent overview.
- Ensure teams are leveraging common thinking and technologies, enabling continual opportunity exploitation and market comparison
- Sets and defines outcomes and metrics for their principal areas.
- Aligning product visions to end to end propositions/brands
- Refine and optimise within defined capital and request support on priority or capacity contention
- Work across divisions to shape dependent roadmaps and features, escalating where prioritisation trade off’s are needed across teams.
- Build strong relationships up to DD level to engage on the visions/roadmaps for their principal product areas.
- Lead and coach a team of senior product managers directly within your domain.
- Contribute and coach better product across the division using product competency and internal frameworks.
- Take the lead to trial and embed new practices, principles and tools.
- Accountable for nurturing talent in the team and foster a learning culture and high trust
- Be the champion for product area, determining the right level or type of material to communicate the experience, benefits and long-term vision across a variety of audiences including development teams, stakeholders at all levels, partners and external parties
- Be the arbitration and escalation point for prioritisation and trade offs within their product area to deliver the maximum value and return on capital.
- Maintain a good level of awareness, interest and understanding of the existing and future end to end technology stacks/interfaces, including communicating clearly and coaching others on where and how to develop these technologies so they work seamlessly for customers and colleagues
- Ensure that the team maintains a realistic 90-day roadmap, as well as a prioritised and estimated full year backlog, regularly communicating progress and proactively managing risks/issues to remove blockers. Support the team in understanding future risks to mitigate.
- Support communication and resolution of live product incidents and effectively prioritise, coordinate and communicate the resolution of production issues
- Maintain a highly collaborative relationship with engineering, support at all levels for teams to understand and work together to solve problems for our customers and the business
- Collaborate with the Head of Product, and other Principal Product Managers across the business to ensure consistency, drive overall strategic business outcomes/shared objectives, and continuously improve product management across the division
- Develop a strong team of product managers, building the competency and enhancing the craft within the community. This includes developing a culture of learning, empowerment, experimentation and collaboration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Coventry, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A