This role will sit on the Insight Leadership Team and in that capacity is one of a group of C6 roles that support the Head of Insight in leading the Insight team for Sainsbury’s.
This role will lead a team to combine our existing tools and sources of data with additional quantitative and qualitative primary research to bring a customer perspective to key business decisions.
Specifically, the Senior Insight Manager – Business Performance role will focus on:
- Unpicking business performance in the context of the market and competitive environment, working closely with finance and Commercial
- Operations to lead discussions with senior stakeholders in forums such as The BPR, CCCF and Pulse
- Working to tight deadlines, around unclear briefs, in high pressure environments to make sure urgent business questions are answered in a timely way.
- Scanning for future trends that will impact the business, market environment and our competitors and sharing these with the business
- Owning the relationships with key market data partners, such as Nielsen, Kantar & GFK
- Using Behavioural Science to help shape the way we frame messages/develop propositions to ‘nudge’ customers
- Owning the customer inputs into the Marketing proposition and campaign process, and the PIR and assessment of Marketing campaigns after they have run
- Owning and setting the strategy for The Insight Library – our knowledge sharing tool
This role is key in shaping the understanding of our performance and the actions we should take, from a customer perspective so you need to:-
- Influence at a senior level across the business
- Think strategically, working in a hypothesis-led way to break down complex problems and land the answer with the business
- Understand, challenge and analyse data, whilst stepping back to bring clarity to decisions
- Understand how to bring together varied sources of first and third party data, working closely with a variety of agencies
- Understand both EPOS and Panel data which allow us to interpret and diagnose Grocery market performance. Be adept at the detail of grocery market reads and how to read between them.
- Lead and coach your team to do this
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A