Website The South African Breweries
Dreaming big is in our DNA. Brewing the world’s most loved beers and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us. We are owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges, and take accountability for the results. We are looking for talent that shares these values, that is ambitious, bold & resilient. We want talent that is looking for fast career growth, cross-functional experiences, global exposure and robust training & development.
- Responsible for reprocessing activities and manual allocations – Reconciling the general ledger and bank account, process and posting of variances. Perform activities, including but not limited to calculations, journals and banking reconciliations (including the Operational Management of IT2 interface reconciliations) as well as obtaining information from the banking portals, to ensure that the bank movements have been processed correctly in SAP.
- Process payment advice received from customers. Work in close collaboration with credit and collection teams to ensure timely and correct payment matching is done. Resolve any unmatched issues. Correct accounts receivable item entry errors. Post and reverse accounts receivable items.
- Provide solutions to requests submitted. Provide commentary on open item management. Adhere to internal control protocols and provide information as required to internal and external audit.
- Present and implement corrective action and preventive action for recurring process related issues. Perform Root Cause analysis for recurring or high severity issues resulting in issue reduction. Identify automation opportunities to improve the way we operate and work closely with technology to leverage system functionalities to improve the process. Trouble shoot issues and share improvement ideas with Team Lead.
- Auto Clearing – Which is performing daily, automation clearing of posted and matching transactions.
- Posting of transaction to customer, vendor and general ledger accounts, this includes revaluation accuracy on foreign bank accounts.
- Ensuring agreed timelines relating to payment activities are met. Match, clear and allocate ETF transaction on SAP once reflecting in the banking platform, as well as managing returned funds.
- Performing general ledger and bank reprocessing, allocating open item transactions and foreign gain and losses, liaise with banks and internal stakeholders to resolve queries.
- Maintaining Write Offs and Sabfin Interest Journals.
- Preparing ZRITR report. • Process manual bank statements.
- Responsible to ensure revaluation accuracy on foreign bank accounts
- Qualified Accountant (preferred) (or studying to be a Qualified Accountant) Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience
- SAP experience.
- End-to-End payments process knowledge/understanding.
- Able to work on own initiative and prioritize workload effectively.
- Ability to build productive working relationships – internally and externally
Company: The South African Breweries
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton
Application Deadline: N/A