Accurately and promptly processes all Mail and Distribution Services items with highest level of customer service.
- Receives, sorts, delivers, picks up and processes courier items, interoffice mail, magazines and all classes of United States Postal Services (USPS) mail.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
- Tracks courier and accountable items (FedEx, UPS, Certified Mail, etc.).
- Properly package, mark, label & Process of all Non-Hazardous and Hazardous materials by using courier specific software (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.).
- Researches and routes unidentified and generic mail.
- Coordinates, stages, and transports bulk mail items.
- Receives, logs, delivers and tracks messenger items.
- Follows all processes established in the client standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Monitors packages for hazardous and suspicious materials.
- Follows established customer inquiry processes and responds to customer needs and requests.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Relevant prior customer service experience.
- Preferred current Dangerous Goods shipping certificate (49 CFR & IATA).
- Preferred working knowledge of Domestic and International shipping of Dangerous & Non-Dangerous Goods including country specific guidelines.
- Preferred experience using shipping software required by common shipping carriers (UPS, DHL, FedEx. Etc.)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A