Website Georgia State University
- Oversees daily over-the-counter retail sales/services of printing solutions (PawPrints) and the over-the counter retail sales/services of postage and shipping through the United States Postal Service Contract Postal Unit
(GSU Post Office).+
- Assists customers on routine purchases such as stamps, postage, copies, posters, faxes, etc.
- Ensures that outstanding customer service and a friendly environment are provided to the University community and
general public, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service, within PawPrints and the GSU Post Office.
- Works collaboratively with team to insure job completion and delivery times are met for customers.
- Assists with print production, including operating printing and finishing equipment.
- Maintains orderly appearance of register areas and customer lobby, keeping supplies stocked at all times.
- Checks for accuracy and consistency of signage inside and outside of the operations.
- Responsible for the opening and closing of operations including, but not limited to cash verification, reconciliation of cash drawers and postage stock, credit cards, PantherCash, cash disbursements, and analysis of daily/monthly financial reports.
- Responsible for collections of daily receipts of funds from the POS systems and reconciliation, as well as preparing associated deposit remittance forms pertaining to same for appropriate review/approvals within Campus Services for deposit with the University Cashier’s Office. Supervises assigned personnel, which may include student assistants and temporary workers, and is responsible for front of operation staff hiring/firing, training/development, and evaluation. Prepares and approves schedules to ensure appropriate
staffing in the retail operations.
- Operates and trains staff to operate various pieces of equipment essential to the operations, including, but not limited to, Point-of-Sale (POS) systems and basic use of high-speed copiers. In the absence of the key personnel, this position will perform or assign those duties and responsibilities to ensure continuity of operations.
- Some work during periods of official University closure may be necessary to assure continuity of services upon reopening of the University following such periods of official University closure.
- Monitors GSU Post Office postage fund/stamp accounts ensure proper amounts are available for retail customer needs at all times. Requests checks to ensure the timely delivery of the payments to the vendors. Assists in reviewing and monitoring financial performance of assigned operations. Adheres to and maintains appropriate internal controls pertaining to, but not limited to, budgets and expenditures, adhering to applicable payroll and personnel policies and procedures, tracking of movable property or equipment, maintaining appropriate controls regarding PeopleSoft Financials system access.
- Assists in maintaining physical security of assigned building areas, assuring business use of University property, and other internal controls matters as applicable.
- Four years in a mail services environment or a commensurate combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience using state of the art mail equipment, mail software, and mail accounting systems.
- Supervisor experience in a mail services preferably in a college or university environment.
- Valid State of Georgia driver’s license with a driving record enabling eligibility to drive University owned vehicles.
Company: Georgia State University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A