Website Yale New Haven Health
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values – integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion – must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Sched/registration is responsible for greeting patients, performs full registrations, schedules appointments and procedures as they relate to patient check-in and check-out. Obtains/updates the patient demographic and insurance. Responsibilities include answers telephones, returns follow up calls to patients when necessary. Carries out required compliance duties such as MSP questionnaires at each visit, general consent forms and signatures.
- Customer Service:
- Greets patients and visitors in a cordial manner, maintains customer standards as set by the hospital and department.
- Always introduces oneself and uses patients name.
- Follows departmental guidelines,identifies events when service was less than optimal, begins and carries through the service recovery process.
- Performs full registration, initiates, and completes patient visit information.
- Informs patient of their financial responsibilities as it relates to benefits and non-covered balances as well as make all attempts to collect copay and/or deductibles due at point of service.
- Schedule appointments and coordinates department services for patients.
- Demonstrates and applies sound knowledge of policies and procedures when performing all scheduling and registration functions.
- Receives, screens, and relays telephone calls and message
- Must share on equal percentage of call volume as observed by the supervisor and evidenced by review of productivity reports.
- Utilizes Epic in basket/telephone encounter functionality by recording appropriate information and promptly relaying messages to appropriate personnel.
- Departmental Goals:
- Supports organizational and departmental goals as directed by management team.
- Crosstrain and able to complete expected job function in at least one other department as directed by management team.
- Attends at least one course offered by IFE (Institute for Excellence) to increase knowledge and technical expertise (i.e., takes classes on communication skills and advanced systems).
- High school diploma or GED; Associate Degree preferred
- One to two years of work experience in a customer service environment preferably in a hospital/medical office setting with registration or billing experience.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to adapt to various programs/systems. Capable of balancing appropriate level of intervention and partnering with clinical staff to ensure the highest quality of patient care. Excellent communication, telephone, interpersonal and customer services skills. Must be well organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment. Self-directed, have team-oriented skills with a strong ability to interpret insurance benefits and apply to hospital services.
Company: Yale New Haven Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Haven, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A