Website Royal Mail
In this role, the technician will be expected to have excellent technical knowledge of electrical systems, mechanical power and control wiring and test inspection of electrical installations. The Engineer will be expected to work on multiple FM systems with the majority of the work being electrical maintenance. The engineer will need a flexible approach to work and be willing to travel to different sites within a specified geographical area. A vehicle will be provided for required travel. The technician will have excellent communication skills and be able to discuss work and progress with customers and managers. They will also have excellent organisational skills.
The engineer will report directly into the Area Manager and will work with customers on site, other engineers and sub-contractors on a daily basis.
- Maintenance of electrical systems on numerous commercial sites
- Expert fault finding and providing advice and guidance to customers in relation to equipment such as roller shutter doors and dock levellers.
- Have an understanding of all basic plumbing such as replacing taps, sinks, cistern filling / flush units and heating elements
- Supply knowledge in a range of technical situations, making personal judgments on how to undertake work to achieve quality, cost and time objectives
- Provide technical advice and guidance to other staff and customers in order to resolve problems.
- Manage the delivery of Corrective and Planned Maintenance to meet the performance measures detailed in the contract.
- Liaise with customers’ representatives on a day to day basis to ensure customer requirements are fully met.
- Check and ensure all appropriate and approved paperwork is completed.
- Make personal judgments on how to undertake work to achieve cost, quality and contractual objectives
- Act as a role model for safety, setting an example to colleagues and customers
- Manage the relationship with the customer, and liaise with customers to ensure that the customer is fully informed and project a positive professional image of self and Royal Mail P&FS.
- Successful applicants must hold an Electrical certification such as the 18th Edition.
- The applicant must have full electrical qualification of City and Guilds 2382 & 2391 testing and inspection certification.
- The role holder must have planned maintenance experience of electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience in fault finding and diagnosis with the ability to provide advice and guidance to others across all systems where required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers, explaining technical issues.
- The ability to analyse and understand complex technical issues in relation to electrical systems
- Ideally you will be IPAF and MEWP trained and qualified, and be comfortable working at heights.
- Experience of dealing with Customers in a commercial environment.
- Applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence (no endorsements preferable) as this vacancy will involve travel within a specified geographical area.
- Computer literacy skills an advantage
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kingston upon Hull, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A