Website Transport Canada
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Reporting to the Director General, Aircraft Services, the Executive Director, Flight Operations is accountable for:
- directing, supervising and administering Transport Canada’s flight operations nationally;
- providing airplane and helicopter flight operation services to Transport Canada and other government and non-government clients, including the Department of Fisheries and Oceans-Canadian Coast Guard and the Department of National Defense and other federal departments;
- providing flight training services to Transport Canada’s civil aviation inspectors and to other government clients, including the Department of
- Fisheries and Oceans-Canadian Coast Guard and the Department of National Defense;
- promoting flight operation services to clients;
- researching, developing and submitting competitive bids and negotiating inter-departmental agreements to provide services on a cost-recovery basis;
- ensuring that all flight operations meet the legislated standards for Commercial Air Carriers and are carried out in a safe, efficient and effective way; and
- investigating cases where pilots fail to meet prescribed proficiency standards and deciding on retraining or cessation of flying TC aircraft.
- Graduation with a degree* from a recognized post-secondary institution or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
- Degree: Unless it is otherwise specified (e.g., Master’s degree), the term “degree” refers to a baccalaureate as established by educational authorities.
- Hold or have held a Canadian Airline Transport Pilot Licence – aeroplane or a Canadian Commercial Pilot Licence – Helicopter and Group IV IFR rating; OR
- Have acquired not less than 3 years related supervisory experience with an operator of a Commercial Air Service whose flight operations are similar in size and scope** of the Aircraft Services Directorate (ASD).
- Experience in the operation or management of airplanes and/or helicopters.
- Experience in the direction of the development and refinement of company specific policies and directives related to the operation of airplanes or helicopters.
- Experience in the direction of the delivery of pilot training programs or flight operations services.
- Experience in the direction of a geographically dispersed organization.
Company: Transport Canada
Vacancy Type: Remote
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A