We are looking for an experienced Director of Firmware Engineering for our Cardio team. You will be responsible for leading, developing and managing a multi-disciplinary engineering team. This individual will lead the staff through a complete project development process for complex electromechanical and embedded solutions.
The Cardio team is responsible for the software platform that runs our bikes and treadmills. The Cardio platform is an essential part of the member facing experience and stability, scalability and innovation are all core parts of what we do. As the leader of the Cardio firmware team you will be the owner of the process, people and technology need to realize these goals on our embedded systems that are part of our bikes and treadmills.
- Plan and allocate appropriate engineering resources for projects and provide scheduling, man-power, asset allocation, budgets and estimates to complete programs by deadline.
- Continuously evolve a high performing engineering team aligned with the strategic objectives of the business
- Provide career leadership and personal development for the engineering team
- Interface and communicate with customers to understand their requirements, propose design alternatives, and resolve any product related issues.
- Create, track and report milestones to senior management throughout the product development life cycle, from early-stage feasibility through all design phases, up to and including qualification testing and transition to production.
- Provide status updates on the team’s tasks and ensure on time completion. Evaluate missed targets and identify and address root causes such as training requirements, process and methodology improvements
- Supports the hands-on development efforts associated with our current and future Cardio products in the areas of embedded software and embedded system architecture
- Establish and maintain internal design reviews and guidelines for product development and engineering designs.
- Establish engineering department goals, objectives, performance metrics, and initiatives to support corporate objectives.
- Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for the department. Assure that the department achieves objectives and project completion within budget and time frame.
- Create an atmosphere of innovation and design excellence while assuring maximum product safety, manufacturability and cost effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education and/or combination of education or experience.
- 10+ Experience with embedded development and a track record for successfully introducing new products into production through a structured NPI Process
- 10+ years of progressive engineering management experience.
- Familiarity with Electro-mechanical products
- Excellent time management, project management, planning and organizational skills to drive and motivate staff by setting priorities and systematically meeting deadlines and goals
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects of varying size and scope
- Strong Leadership skills and the ability to influence others within an interdisciplinary environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Significant experience in analyzing business and technical requirements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A