We are looking for an Investment specialist to manage the Group’s various investment portfolios.
The responsibilities for the Investment Specialist for the OUTsurance Group of companies, covering short-term and life-insurance operations as well as certain Group investment activities, are as follows:
- Prepare monthly look through and financial asset register on all portfolios held within the Group in order to satisfy Prudential Standards requirements.
- Assess the performance of the portfolios on a monthly basis.
- Prepare the monthly IFRS 9 ECL calculation and recalculate the fair value of the fixed income portfolios.
- Prepare a monthly investment summary for review by senior management; and
- Prepare the investment and capital summaries for Exco purposes.
- Provide input and assistance in the execution of interest rate derivative structures to execute hedges for the life insurance liabilities.
- Execute foreign currency hedges for intragroup and other forex exposures.
- Manage the preparation of the Asset, Liability and Capital Committee (ALCCO) pack.
- Present the ALCCO report to its members on a quarterly basis.
- Prepare the sections related to Board and Audit Committee reporting explaining investment performance to those charged with governance.
- Assist with the preparation of disclosures related to IFRS 7 / IFRS 9 for the interim circular / annual report.
- Update investment policies and asset management mandates.
- Manage relationships with the Group’s various asset managers, custodians and bankers.
- Maintain the credit rating library of the Group’s financial instruments.
- Assist with data required from the Reuters Eikon / Bloomberg platforms throughout the organization.
- Input will be required on various ad-hoc projects such as capital decision making and balance sheet management.
- CA (SA) / CFA with minimum 3 years’ post qualification experience in a treasury or asset management role.
- Attention to detail
- Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Centurion
Application Deadline: N/A