A fantastic new opportunity has opened in the OUTsurance marketing department for a Pet Account Manager. This role is perfect for an experienced business development individual who wants to further their career by experiencing first-hand what it is like to be part of a dynamic and innovative company.
The incumbent of this newly created position will facilitate new business development, focusing on Pet insurance lead generation channels, primarily through engagement with veterinary practices and other channel partners, located in the designated Gauteng region.
The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic, sales driven and focused on all aspects of the Pet insurance product. As the dedicated Pet Account Manager, the ideal candidate should, through their business development and relationship capabilities, find new opportunities to generate Pet insurance leads through face to face channels primarily in the veterinary sector but also exploring other partner channels where there are synergies with Pet insurance.
Key responsibilities include driving lead generation, building relationships and reporting on lead performance with emphasis on driving innovative initiatives and working closely with the senior management team to provide insight on product feedback and improvements.
- New business development, focusing on building relationships with veterinary practices and/or other pet partners in order to drive OUTsurance Pet insurance lead generation;
- Identify and appointment of effective, reliable and productive veterinary or other pet partners that will provide pet insurance leads;
- Develop, manage and maintain business relations at all strategic levels of the veterinary practice or other pet partner that will allow for the further business potential of OUTsurance Pet i.e. Veterinary practitioner/owner, Vet practice administrator, vet receptionist, practice manager or pet store owner;
- Set sales targets/time frames as realizable and attainable objectives for the pet partners;
- Providing daily support to your veterinary/pet partners in order to deliver on awesome service expectations;
- Compile, monitor and manage performance reports, figures and productivity of the veterinary/pet partners;
- Pet insurance product cold canvassing and generate Pet insurance leads by identifying, penetrating and managing Pet channels focusing specifically on Pet stores, animal organizations and Business Professionals within the pet industry.
- Completed Matric or Grade 12
- Must have your own reliable transport
- Valid code B driver’s license
- Experience in Relationship/Business Development in the Pet insurance industry will be advantageous.
- Experience in sales and marketing will be advantageous.
- For applicants that have been working in a financial services industry prior to December 2010, preference will be given to applicants with their
- Financial Services Board Regulatory Exams (RE1) completed.
- If you worked in the financial services industry prior to December 2011, selling and providing financial advice to clients. You would need to have completed the 30 FAIS credits necessary for personal lines or 60 FAIS credits for commercial insurance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Centurion
Application Deadline: N/A