The incumbent will be responsible for Infection Control Coordinator role for Moot Hospital.
As Infection Control Coordinator, the incumbent will have to advise aid and assist the hospital and employees in the management of prevention, identification and control of infection in patients and staff. The incumbent will further be responsible to plan, develop and implement an infection control programme for the hospital using basic infection control standards.
- Aid and assist all hospital employees in managing the prevention, identification and control of infections in patients and staff
- Plan, develop and implement an infection control programme for the hospital using basic infection control standards
- Responsible to the hospital management for reporting on a regular basis all infections in the hospital
- Review of environmental hygiene, cleanliness, the care of linen and waste on a regular basis and document results for discussion with hospital management.
- Notify the Department of Health timeously of diseases where applicable
- Ensure an environment safe from infection for all hospital staff
- Organise regular infection control committee meetings and document the proceedings
- Plan and implement the procedure used to identify and investigate an outbreak of infection (either community or hospital acquired) using accepted infection control standards
- Ensure the provision of protective clothing for all staff and members of the public when needed
- Supply appropriate and reliable disinfectants, sterilises and monitoring equipment and ensure that nursing and other staff understand the use of these items
- Implement, when needed, isolation protocols that are effective and understandable to all hospital personnel.
- Maintain an up to date infection control file that is available and accessible to all nursing and housekeeping staff
- Maintain written and acceptable protocols for infectious diseases including VHF, SARS, Meningitis
- To make available all equipment needed for infectious diseases
- Revise all policies, procedures and standards regularly
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a registered Nurse or equivalent NQF level 7 qualification
- Compliance with the SANC Scope of Practise for a Registered Nurse and all other applicable Health Care Legislation
- Certificate in infection control will be advantageous
- Previous Infection Prevention Practitioner experience
- At least 2 year’s working experience in a Private Hospital
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience
- Essential – Intermediate computer proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Preferred – Previous exposure to financial budgeting
- Infection Prevention
- Working Conditions:
- Professional flexibility in working hours while supporting daily business hours
- Will interact with internal and external customers through several different means
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria
Application Deadline: N/A