To deliver banking solutions to clients by understanding their business and needs through relationship management to achieve Nedbank’s strategy to be the most admired bank.
- To acquire and deliver banking solutions to the high value client segment (i.e. SBS; Professional/ Financially affluent); by providing great client experiences and understanding client business and household banking needs. Deliver on all targeted products and services as measured through the relevant client management systems and the contribution statement. Improve client service through delivering relevant products and services according to client needs.
- Maintain and build a portfolio of high value, and complex clients.
- Unearth client sales / solution opportunities and execute on these opportunities. Undertake thorough needs analysis across all client’s spheres of financial influence and ensure clients are entrenched into Nedbank. Respond within agreed timelines to tasks and responsibilities deployed onto the relevant systems. Build and maintain effective professional relationships with high value profile clients through contact management. Deliver banking solutions that meet client needs.
- Build sound and sustainable client relationships and instil trust among clients that Nedbank is best placed to manage the complexity of their business / personal and household requirements. Proactively engage clients in a manner that is relevant to their specific circumstances.
- Collaborate with specialists in client engagements to cross sell and create value-based solutions.
- Comply with risk standards, policies and procedures through training and development as required by group compliance framework. Facilitate client’s compliance correctness in line with Nedbank internal and regulatory standards.
- Identify and resolve any work-related obstacles and problems and escalate to senior management. Contribute to the improvement of policies, procedures, standards and processes by applying own experience and insights where applicable. Understand the bank’s risk and credit policy and manage client expectations accordingly.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders’ businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations. Comply with internal standard procedures to facilitate the execution of client requirements. Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems, process, services and solutions are aligned. Identify training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from management.
- NQF Level 5 or Higher in a Financial or Business-related field essential
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Post-Grad Degree in Financial/Business Management is an advantage
- 4-5 years’ Relationship management experience in the financial sector a must
- 2-3 years’ experience in Business Acquisition essential
- Experience in a Sales and Deal Origination related to a Corporate Client Portfolio within a Banking / Financial Services environment would be advantageous
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable transport is essential
- Sales in a banking environment in a relevant banking field (e.g. business; retail)
- Building and maintaining effective relationships externally and internally
- Analysing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data
- Influencing stakeholders to obtain buy-in for concepts and ideas.
- Communicating complex information orally and in writing
- Challenging the status quo with a view to improving the environment or people’s understanding
- Identifying trends
- Conducting a needs analysis
- Writing business proposals
- Providing professional advice/opinion
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Polokwane
Application Deadline: N/A