Website South African Medical Research Council - MRC
The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) strives to improve the nation’s health and quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research. It further aims to promote equity, career development and progression.
The SAMRC’s HIV and Other Infections Research Unit requires suitably qualified and experienced Research Assistants to perform project related duties such as, administration of informed consent to study participants, study document management, and assisting with various general administrative duties at clinical research sites in the Durban region.
- Conduct interviews with study participants
- Data collection of the highest quality, in accordance with Good Clinical Practice Principles
- Administration, documentation, quality control/assurance and indexing of informed consent documents for study participants
- Assist with data capturing, quality control/assurance, and related aspects of data management as designated by the relevant study Principal Investigator
- Study documentation management
- Assist with translations of research-related documents
- Creating and updating study specific logs
- Assist Study Coordinator with report writing
- Assist with participant follow-up
- Planning meetings and/or workshops and document minutes
- Participant reimbursement
- Research administration.
- 1-2 years accredited course or certificate post matric
- 2 years relevant experience in research or related environment
- Good writing skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Office packages
- Fluent in English and isiZulu
Company: South African Medical Research Council – MRC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban
Application Deadline: N/A